Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Hey Geek Fit, I have never ever peed in the pool. I used to be a pool man and had to keep a bunch of them balanced and the water clear. A bunch of years back we had some huge threads on peeing in the pool. I think about 90% of the forum members that participated said they peed in the pool all the time. I thought it was the kids that did that, but the triathletes did too.

What the hell is wrong with people? They are training for a triathlon but too lazy to get out of the water to pee?

We need a "Do you pee in the pool" poll.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
G-man wrote:
Hey Geek Fit, I have never ever peed in the pool. I used to be a pool man and had to keep a bunch of them balanced and the water clear. A bunch of years back we had some huge threads on peeing in the pool. I think about 90% of the forum members that participated said they peed in the pool all the time. I thought it was the kids that did that, but the triathletes did too.

What the hell is wrong with people? They are training for a triathlon but too lazy to get out of the water to pee?

We need a "Do you pee in the pool" poll.

Uh, no. We don't.
Because the results would likely be revolting.

I have never peed in a pool.
Lakes and ponds? Sure thing.
In my wetsuit before a race starts? It's like a pre-race ritual at this point.
On my bike in an IM? Yup.

But in a pool? Nope.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Zed already stated he would pee in the chair if it was a race he trained for.....so I am sure others wouldn't have a problem shedding light on pool peeing.

I am really curious why people think it is ok to pee in the pool? Have they peed in pools their whole life? Did their parents not tell them to get out and go to the bathroom when they were a kid? Do they care if their lane mates also pee in the pool? Are all pools ok to pee in or just some? Is it based on depth and size of the pool? Would it be ok if someone was standing on the deck and peed on them directly? Do they pee in hot tubs also? Do they have a pee fetish? At what point does urine bother pool pee-ers?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never peed in a pool either, when i had a backyard pool I'd pee behind the garden shed lol

I work at a pool and people are disgusting, a parent told their kid it was ok to sit on the side of the pool and piss during a swimming lesson... then there's the female change room, it makes sense to me that the women's racers had worse hygiene behavior than the men.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
... then there's the female change room, it makes sense to me that the women's racers had worse hygiene behavior than the men.

It is a brain-stem conceived statement for Gender Equality!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Indio22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indio22 wrote:

People are going to fall on various points of the spectrum in terms of putting their own desires above other people. Personally I don't care for inconsiderate people. And pissing on a chair that other people will sit on is inconsiderate.

It's waaaaay beyond "inconsiderate." More like "sociopathic."

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Sep 12, 17 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange denizens of the freakin' World Championships. These individuals are supposed to represent the best in the sport?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Petrus 101 and All,

http://www.outdoorlife.com/...-5-myths-dehydration

"Drinking Urine: It ALWAYS comes up when I’m teaching a wilderness survival class: “Can we drink pee in an emergency?” Invariably I reply, “You could, but why would you want to? Because some shock-value survival show told you it was a good thing?”

Urine is full of the body’s waste products. If conditions are grim enough to inspire you to consume alternative beverages, then everybody is most likely dehydrated.

The urine of a dehydrated person is even more laden with stuff that has no reason to be reintroduced into the human body.

Pee can be useful. Such as dampening clothing for evaporative cooling in hot climates, or dousing jellyfish stings to keep unfired barbs from firing.

But it’s not a safe or smart choice for consumption."

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/...y-sterile-180954809/

Excerpt:

"Americans suffer from 4 million urinary tract infections a year—they account for about one percent of all outpatient visits. Now, the primary means of diagnosing these conditions and other bladder-related problems is being called into question.

A new study has shown that despite the common belief that urine is sterile, it isn’t at all. In fact, the new research shows bacteria in the urine of healthy women—a finding that could turn a time-tested diagnostic tool on its head.

For decades, scientists have thought that urine is sterile and that patients who test positive for bacteria in their urine have urinary tract disorders. In 2014, a team of scientists from Loyola University found discovered that might not be true.

Now, the team has used advanced methods to analyze urine specimens collected directly from the bladders of healthy women—and sure enough, they found bacteria in the urine. By using a technique called expanded quantitative urine culture (EQUC) and sequencing the subjects’ bacterial DNA, the team was able to identify bacteria not usually picked up by traditional urine cultures."

and ....

https://www.backpacker.com/...king-urine-dangerous

Also ......

https://glow420.files.wordpress.com/...urvival-handbook.pdf

You should never drink the following: • Blood • Urine • Saltwater • Alcohol • Fresh sea ice
Fresh sea ice is milky or grey, has sharp edges, does not break easily, and is extremely salty. Older sea ice is usually salt-free, has a blue or black tint and rounded edges, and breaks easily. Melted old sea ice is usually safe to drink, but should be purified first, if possible

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:
Good idea but what about those clean meant to go pee in porta johns that were 20 ft away from the chair! Trough duty would be a tough volunteer job to fill I suspect. Maybe a bench with a hole in it? Simple but effective. The holy chair option leaves open the possibility for the peeing athlete to pee on their own gear. I do like that as a possible outcome:)

h2ofun wrote:
nealhe wrote:
Hello h2ofun and All,

Yes a hole in the chair ..... or many holes in the chairs ...

Obviously there is a need or so many triathletes would not be indulging in peeing on the chairs.

Create an engineered solution so you can pee while sitting in a chair putting on your shoes or whatever.

Put a trough under the chairs with clean running water and problem solved .... and a problem becomes a triathlon race feature.

Or install a video security camera and drug test the urine.

Does not fix all the issues, but sure improves on many. Great idea

Before we bother with fancy ant-draft sensors, just put a moisture detector along with a chip reader on the chair.

You could flash a big "Illegal Urination Bib #123" sign along with an auto DQ with no referees needed!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
bilalm wrote:
It's really F'ing disgusting. At IM Atlantic City 70.3 last year this guy did the same while standing before the swim start smack in the middle of the group just peed into his wetsuit all over the floor with other athletes inches next to him that slowly moved away. That kinda animal behavior should be a straight DQ.

Happens every year in the swim start line at Louisville. And when the race was in August, we weren't wearing wetsuits..........

You beat me too it...that is not water on the ground at the swim start for Louisville. Cool morning last year but the ground was pleasantly warm on the feet....

Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

I am really curious why people think it is ok to pee in the pool? Have they peed in pools their whole life?

Nearly all elite swimmers do. It's just what you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

People are going to fall on various points of the spectrum in terms of putting their own desires above other people. Personally I don't care for inconsiderate people. And pissing on a chair that other people will sit on is inconsiderate.

Sheesh, surprised how pee-averse this thread is. I
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

Easy Tiger. Lets not go overboard. Someone did a pee on a seat. That's all. Not cool, but there are worse things in life that can happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

I am really curious why people think it is ok to pee in the pool? Have they peed in pools their whole life? Did their parents not tell them to get out and go to the bathroom when they were a kid? Do they care if their lane mates also pee in the pool? Are all pools ok to pee in or just some? Is it based on depth and size of the pool? Would it be ok if someone was standing on the deck and peed on them directly? Do they pee in hot tubs also? Do they have a pee fetish? At what point does urine bother pool pee-ers?

You never squad swam as a kid huh? What do you think would happen if teenagers were allowed to jump out the pool every time they needed the toilet? I'm surprised you object so much, you do realise you've been swimming in piss most of your life?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

Easy Tiger. Lets not go overboard. Someone did a pee on a seat. That's all. Not cool, but there are worse things in life that can happen.

I think it is unworthy of a social being...but I guess in the US, being part of society is pretty low on the list.
Last edited by: windschatten: Sep 12, 17 21:37
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

I think it is unworthy of a social being...but I guess in the US, being part of a society is pretty low on the list.

Luckily I'm not in the US then!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
windschatten wrote:
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

I think it is unworthy of a social being...but I guess in the US, being part of a society is pretty low on the list.

Well, there are "third world" countries..... or people.
Last edited by: windschatten: Sep 12, 17 21:40
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
zedzded wrote:
windschatten wrote:
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

Well, there are "third world' countries.....

I'm not in Canada either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

You never squad swam as a kid huh? What do you think would happen if teenagers were allowed to jump out the pool every time they needed the toilet? I'm surprised you object so much, you do realise you've been swimming in piss most of your life?

Do you still pee in the pool?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
zedzded wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

Do you still pee in the pool?

As often as I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [jmjtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmjtri wrote:
A better question is why people feel it's necessary to sit down after their bike in a 70.3 WC. I expect that at normal 70.3s... but for a WC? Come on, it's a race, and honestly it isn't that long.

^^This

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
jmjtri wrote:
A better question is why people feel it's necessary to sit down after their bike in a 70.3 WC. I expect that at normal 70.3s... but for a WC? Come on, it's a race, and honestly it isn't that long.

^^This

In any normal 70.3 your stuff is laid out at your rack spot, so there is no need to sit or anything. In this case with the bike catchers and bags they gave us, the transition setup was no different than a full except there was no change tent. Easiest way to get your stuff out of the T2 bag was to stop, sit, and take care of things. I don't think I lost more than 5 seconds in T2 to "sitting" to deal with my stuff rather than the usual method.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
Indio22 wrote:

Basically pissing on your competitors, not to mention the VOLUNTEERS who I'm certain got splashed with it and end up having to clean it up, when there was literally a porta potty 20 steps away is pretty sociopathic behavior in my opinion as well. It 100% comes down to "I'm more important than everyone else and don't need to follow the rules of civilized society even if it hurts somebody else"...

not cool.

I swam on squads from the time I was six until I was nineteen, and I always got out of the pool to go to the bathroom. Still do to this day. So not everybody pees in the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a chair full of pee next to me at T2. You have to watch where you sit. I agree the volunteers shouldn't have to clean up pee!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Would it be easier to change poor human behavior or perhaps place a volunteer there for the clean-up duty?

If I was a volunteer, and you explained that to me, I'd punch you in the mouth.

These people are VOLUNTEERING.

You appear to be unaware of what some volunteers already do at races. I'm not. Who do you think eventually cleans the piss-laden chairs? I'm guessing a volunteer. So why not spray-off the chairs during the race so others can use them? Or better yet, change the behavior of the pisser so a volunteer doesn't need to clean the chairs (at any point).

Now, punch-way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next