Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
So someone should have to sit in your piss because you "trained hard" and can't be bothered to take one minute out of your 5+ hour race to use an actual porta-potty? The level of narcissism in this sport is incredible.

People are going to fall on various points of the spectrum in terms of putting their own desires above other people. Personally I don't care for inconsiderate people. And pissing on a chair that other people will sit on is inconsiderate. It's about having standards and how you are going to treat others. I've met mostly nice people in triathlon, but also some people perhaps who have lost perspective as well. One guy gave me advice on the swim, to punch and climb over other swimmers. I don't roll that way - but apparently some people do. Are you going to piss/crap on others? In the end you got to look in the mirror. But the narcissist sees only himself in the mirror not anyone standing behind in his piss, lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
I went in the porta potty, cost me maybe 20 seconds, but I do know someone who told me that he peed in the chairs.

Name and shame?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
gary p wrote:
zedzded wrote:
It's gross, but if I've trained hard for that race and I can't hold it in any longer, that's where I'm going to pee. I wouldn't like sitting in someone's piss, but I wouldn't have a problem with them doing it there. It's a race. Don't any of you have kids?? I spent 3 years of my life being covered in shit, puke and piss.

So someone should have to sit in your piss because you "trained hard" and can't be bothered to take one minute out of your 5+ hour race to use an actual porta-potty? The level of narcissism in this sport is incredible.

Yeah basically.

Pubes?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The women were just as bad 1/3 of the chairs with puddles of pee. I started an hour after the pros.

The ports potties 20 ft away, OTOH, were extremely clean

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
So you are saying that people (women) got off their bike and went to the change tent and sat down and peed on the chairs? If they were going to pee on themselves, why not just do it on the bike?? That story seems unlikely.........BUT then again....... One of the pro's (Male) in the Inaugural IMCHOO was in the change tent and just stood there and took a leak on the concrete....splattering volunteers nearby....then took off on the run. The volunteers didn't know what to do or say....they were in shock.....as I would be. A few days later, Ironman put out an announcement that doing this was a rules violation. Wish I remembered the pro that did that....I am sure its in a thread here somewhere.

I can never remember if his name is Brandon Barrett or Barrett Brandon, but that's your guy.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Indio22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indio22 wrote:
People are going to fall on various points of the spectrum in terms of putting their own desires above other people. Personally I don't care for inconsiderate people. And pissing on a chair that other people will sit on is inconsiderate. It's about having standards and how you are going to treat others. I've met mostly nice people in triathlon, but also some people perhaps who have lost perspective as well. One guy gave me advice on the swim, to punch and climb over other swimmers. I don't roll that way - but apparently some people do. Are you going to piss/crap on others? In the end you got to look in the mirror. But the narcissist sees only himself in the mirror not anyone standing behind in his piss, lol.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the women's race and can confirm, the urine stink entering T2 was horrid. Found a dry chair luckily. Didn't notice it in T1 as I didn't need to stop to put on shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

Geez, I feel weird peeing during the swim warmup anywhere near people. "Don't mind me, I'm just 50 yards over here standing still for nooooo reason." *shiver*
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
So you are saying that people (women) got off their bike and went to the change tent and sat down and peed on the chairs? If they were going to pee on themselves, why not just do it on the bike?? That story seems unlikely.........BUT then again....... One of the pro's (Male) in the Inaugural IMCHOO was in the change tent and just stood there and took a leak on the concrete....splattering volunteers nearby....then took off on the run. The volunteers didn't know what to do or say....they were in shock.....as I would be. A few days later, Ironman put out an announcement that doing this was a rules violation. Wish I remembered the pro that did that....I am sure its in a thread here somewhere.

I can never remember if his name is Brandon Barrett or Barrett Brandon, but that's your guy.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...hange_Tent_P5281608/
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bilalm wrote:
It's really F'ing disgusting. At IM Atlantic City 70.3 last year this guy did the same while standing before the swim start smack in the middle of the group just peed into his wetsuit all over the floor with other athletes inches next to him that slowly moved away. That kinda animal behavior should be a straight DQ.

Happens every year in the swim start line at Louisville. And when the race was in August, we weren't wearing wetsuits..........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the last wave to start the men's race. While standing on the concrete dock waiting to start, I was thinking about how much urine I was standing in since it was wet and they didn't allow a swim warm-up (so, not river water). Then, entering T2, I spotted how many chairs had "pools" on them...figured it was piss and not sweat based on the amount.

Hats off to the volunteers for dealing with this behavior, knowing it's not what they signed up for. I thought they did an awesome job throughout the day all over the course.

--

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [More Cowbell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pee on your bike. Pee in the bushes. Pee in the ditch. Pee in the porta-potty. Do not pee in a chair that hundreds of women could sit in after you.

We had to run through that transition area. We didn't have a choice. We picked up our bags and there were rows of chairs, like in Ironman, but they were outside not in a tent. You could sit on the ground I guess but the chairs were well placed. We could not put any gear at our bikes so needed to get our gear out of the bag for bike and run.

Shame on anyone who felt their need to save 20 seconds was more important than the volunteers sanity or the needs of other racers to sit BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THE RACE WAS SET UP! They could have peed all over themselves as they ran out of transition and we wouldn't have known. There were so many other options that the
"pee on a chair" option was ridiculous, narcissistic, inconsiderate and rude. If you think it was OK it might be time to take a look in the mirror. Sitting in someones pool of urine is very different than swimming or standing in it walking up to the swim start. My feet get wet, I hop in the lake. My ass gets wet from your urine and I chafe and carry you with me for the entire run. So gross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:
Pee on your bike. Pee in the bushes. Pee in the ditch. Pee in the porta-potty. Do not pee in a chair that hundreds of women could sit in after you.

We had to run through that transition area. We didn't have a choice. We picked up our bags and there were rows of chairs, like in Ironman, but they were outside not in a tent. You could sit on the ground I guess but the chairs were well placed. We could not put any gear at our bikes so needed to get our gear out of the bag for bike and run.

Shame on anyone who felt their need to save 20 seconds was more important than the volunteers sanity or the needs of other racers to sit BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THE RACE WAS SET UP! They could have peed all over themselves as they ran out of transition and we wouldn't have known. There were so many other options that the
"pee on a chair" option was ridiculous, narcissistic, inconsiderate and rude. If you think it was OK it might be time to take a look in the mirror. Sitting in someones pool of urine is very different than swimming or standing in it walking up to the swim start. My feet get wet, I hop in the lake. My ass gets wet from your urine and I chafe and carry you with me for the entire run. So gross.

Maybe it is time to get rid of the chairs? Or at least have holes in the middle?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Petrus101 wrote:

Maybe it is time to get rid of the chairs? Or at least have holes in the middle?
I was thinking more freezing cold weather races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello h2ofun and All,

Yes a hole in the chair ..... or many holes in the chairs ...

Obviously there is a need or so many triathletes would not be indulging in peeing on the chairs.

Create an engineered solution so you can pee while sitting in a chair putting on your shoes or whatever.

Put a trough under the chairs with clean running water and problem solved .... and a problem becomes a triathlon race feature.

Or install a video security camera and drug test the urine.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, no. If I showed up to volunteer and they assigned me trough duty, I'd hand them back their free t-shirt and go spectate instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello h2ofun and All,

Obviously there is a need or so many triathletes would not be indulging in peeing on the chairs.

Create an engineered solution so you can pee while sitting in a chair putting on your shoes or whatever.

Put a trough under the chairs with clean running water and problem solved .... and a problem becomes a triathlon race feature.

Does not fix all the issues, but sure improves on many. Great idea

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
I went in the porta potty, cost me maybe 20 seconds, but I do know someone who told me that he peed in the chairs.

Oddly enough the WC was the first race I have ever done where I thought to take the time in T2 to pee rather than just do it while running. I wasn't trying to win anything or qualify for anything, so taking 30 seconds to stop in the portopotty was an incredible luxury. I didn't notice any pee on the chairs in the men's race but I heard reports of pee-covered chairs for the women's race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good idea but what about those clean meant to go pee in porta johns that were 20 ft away from the chair! Trough duty would be a tough volunteer job to fill I suspect. Maybe a bench with a hole in it? Simple but effective. The holy chair option leaves open the possibility for the peeing athlete to pee on their own gear. I do like that as a possible outcome:)

h2ofun wrote:
nealhe wrote:
Hello h2ofun and All,

Does not fix all the issues, but sure improves on many. Great idea
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
But everyone pees in the pool and think it is just fine. It is all the same... dilution is the the solution for pollution. At least in the chair it is not in your mouth or face like in the pool.

Do people really pee in the pool?

I had this moment awhile back in a pool with someone else in the male

Me: I'll be right back. Just using the bathroom

Other Person: Oh, stomach troubles?

Me: No, I just have to take a leak

Other person: Oh that's so good of you to use the toilets even when swimming

I walked away thinking "Good person...are you telling me you just piss in the pool?"
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people just can't! I once had to go so bad I though I was gonna explode with piss but I just couldn't go on the bike so I had to wait about 45 minutes to see a porta potty all while feeling like I was going to explode! I tried multiple time but it just didn't work. I still wouldn't pee on a chair though... I can understand the grass, I mean it's gonna absorb it at least!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Would it be easier to change poor human behavior or perhaps place a volunteer there for the clean-up duty?

If I was a volunteer, and you explained that to me, I'd punch you in the mouth.

These people are VOLUNTEERING.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and if I was the volunteer, I would kick you in the nuts after you got punched in the mouth*. The LP 70.3 briefing told people not to pee in the lake. It is hard enough to stage these races when athletes are posting about pissing in the lake. The community reads this and has to put up with it. Also the a-holes who piss right before the wetsuit peelers help them out are really amazing. LP will DQ anyone doing this.

*metaphorically speaking.
Last edited by: gregyea: Sep 12, 17 16:35
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Geek Fit, I have never ever peed in the pool. I used to be a pool man and had to keep a bunch of them balanced and the water clear. A bunch of years back we had some huge threads on peeing in the pool. I think about 90% of the forum members that participated said they peed in the pool all the time. I thought it was the kids that did that, but the triathletes did too.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Urine Covered Chairs in T2. [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Hey Geek Fit, I have never ever peed in the pool. I used to be a pool man and had to keep a bunch of them balanced and the water clear. A bunch of years back we had some huge threads on peeing in the pool. I think about 90% of the forum members that participated said they peed in the pool all the time. I thought it was the kids that did that, but the triathletes did too.

Oh God...I'm not sure I can swim in a pool anymore.
Quote Reply

Prev Next