Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga Travel
Quote | Reply
For people who have been there did you fly into chattanooga or nashville then drive?

Trying to make it as easy as possible with a small child

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Travel [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nashville then drive. Easy drive but it is 90 min or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a shorter and easier drive from Atlanta airport. And that might give you better flight options if you cannot fly into Chattanooga.

I have only ever driven to Chattanooga, so I cannot critique direct vs. fly and drive options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve only flown direct. As another poster mentioned, some fly into/out of Atlanta ... I want to say the hotel I stayed at the first year even ran a shuttle.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
For people who have been there did you fly into chattanooga or nashville then drive?

Yeah you can fly directly into Chattanooga. You would have to fly into the Atlanta airport (most likely) and then into Chatt. Personally, I cannot stand driving through Atlanta, so a direct flight into Chatt would suit me better. It may cost a little more but very much worth it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The drive from Nashville is probably going to be more than 90 minutes depending on traffic and road construction, but I used to drive to Nashville from Chattanooga to fly direct to Seattle. I hate Atlanta traffic and not real fond of the Atlanta airport. If you can fly into Chatty do it, although you are probably going to have to link into Chatt from Atlanta or Charlotte.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Travel [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
surfNJmatt wrote:

Yeah you can fly directly into Chattanooga. You would have to fly into the Atlanta airport (most likely) and then into Chatt. Personally, I cannot stand driving through Atlanta, so a direct flight into Chatt would suit me better. It may cost a little more but very much worth it

This!! The ATL airport is on the wrong side of town to drive up to Chatt, you'll have to drive THROUGH the city.

The Chattanooga airport is nice, very small, very quick to get through. I'll actually check flights out of there when I travel for work instead of going to ATL, and have flown into Chatt when weather de railed my itinerary and the airline couldn't get me back to ATL for 24 hours.

Only recommendation is to make sure you have your rental car booked in advance, they don't have much inventory there at the airport and I did get stuck one time when they had no cars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are three other airports almost equidistant from Chattanooga: Atlanta, Nashville, and Knoxville.

Looks like Matt would most likely be flying out of either Philadelphia or Newark. Odds are the only airports with direct flights will be Atlanta (definitely) and Nashville (likely). Very doubtful he would get a direct flight in/out of Chattanooga or Knoxville. I’m always leery about changing flights since that’s more chances my bike gets fucked up or lost. I’m assuming he’s traveling for a race. If not, just take a on stop flight to Chattanooga.

Nashville would be the easier drive. As was mentioned, the ATL airport is on the south side of Atlanta which means you have to go through or around the city which is going to take a lot of time as Atlanta’s traffic sucks.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 13, 20 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Travel [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djhuff7 wrote:
This!! The ATL airport is on the wrong side of town to drive up to Chatt, you'll have to drive THROUGH the city.
The GMAN wrote:
Nashville would be the easier drive. As was mentioned, the ATL airport is on the south side of Atlanta which means you have to go through or around the city which is going to take a lot of time as Atlanta’s traffic sucks.
I have driven Atlanta to Chattanooga and then to Nashville many times. I would drive from Atlanta over Nashville to Chattanooga any time.

The Nashville drive is tedious through the mountains and then minor highways. It takes more time than driving from Atlanta. Atlanta to Chattanooga is a rocket sled ride on 75, and there is no traffic since Covid. If you like scenic and mountain driving, and don't mind extending a little, then Nashville to Chattanooga is the huckleberry. But, if you just want to get there quickly and easily, then averaging 80 MPH on I-75 is your huckleberry.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Travel [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i appreciate all the info being posted here. im shooting for chattanooga 70.3 next year, ill be flying in from texas. good stuff.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply