Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its only urine. dogs pee all over the place. beach, parks and nobody has any issues. a human pees and its a catastrophe!!

get real.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
A. This Thread

and

B. The perpetrators; both need nicknames.

Pee Party! Alas I couldn't find the relevant Senfeld clip.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeePot Dome Scandal?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Barrett Pissman Brandon or Barrett Brandon Pissman?

The guy who pissed on the concrete so everyone had to run through it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Slowman asked me to give some identifying information as I was a first time poster and I had made a specific allegation against a specific person, its only fair, and I agree, don't be a p*ssy and hide behind anonymity, .....so I did.
bb

Whilst we're on the subject of public decency, how about avoiding such sexist language. Is it unfair to expect more from such "august" members?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
not cool, but the port a jon lines at the aid stations were incredible, they should have had double the number available. seriously a line of 5 to 8 riders at each stop

If a pro is at the point where there are 5 to 8 people at each port-a-pottie, then he is obviously at a point where speed is not the biggest concern he or she should have in the event. If that is the case then taking the time to void oneself properly is the proper thing to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:
PeePot Dome Scandal?

I was thinking just Piss Dome, but this one is better.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
Smoking in a tent wrong. So what is your point? Comparing gauche behavior? Urinating in a changing tent is unacceptable regardless. Especially when there were bathrooms right there. This guy was wrong. He created a safety hazard for other competitors and was inconsiderate beyond belief.

The guy should have at the least received a penalty and at best DQ'd. If athletes can't act like human beings, if their race in their mind supersedes all else, or if his brain was "too red-lined" as someone suggested then I suggest that he might want to find a new profession.
This guy is supposedly doing his job. Would it be acceptable for a professional basketball player to urinate while sitting on the bench?

Whoa whoa whoa. This is ST! I'm supposed to have a point? :P

It's pretty shitty that human beings can't act like human beings, whether it's inappropriate pissing or smoking, and shitty that we actually have to spell stuff like this out. On signs, no less.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote motoguy128 FWIM... The study also showed that the levels are very low and bacteria has been found in many other human tissues at similar levels. So human are not at all sterile on the inside, anywhere. So maybe more accurately, urine is probably comparably or still has significantly lower bacteria levels than "clean" drinking water.[/quote]
Quite. The US Army still recommends it for field treatment, FM 3-05.70 survival manual, ch 4,
"rinse the wound with large amounts of water under pressure. You can use fresh urine if water is not available."

Also in maggot therapy:
"flush the wound repeatedly with sterile water or fresh urine to remove the maggots."
which gives one to think.. and be grateful for hospitals and disinfectants..

Though I agree, pissing on the floor is gross, rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

I had no idea the women's changing tents were such a battle zone, blood and bodily fluids all over, though a moment's thought would have been enough.. eish.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Wait for the shake!!!

LOL!!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [nhmorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
Quote:
Slowman asked me to give some identifying information as I was a first time poster and I had made a specific allegation against a specific person, its only fair, and I agree, don't be a p*ssy and hide behind anonymity, .....so I did.
bb

Whilst we're on the subject of public decency, how about avoiding such sexist language. Is it unfair to expect more from such "august" members?

Since when has the slang for being a coward been sexist? I can only assume that this is the context in use above.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is really making me rethink my volunteer assignment for IMFL. I actually chose T2 change tent because those are the volunteers I remember most from my IM's. Everyone else is interchangeable to me, but if you are hurting in T2, someone helping you there can be a daysaver.

But if any of you piss on me I'm going to hide your shoes.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, it's 2014. People go ballistic when you lean your chair back in an airplane.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
its only urine. dogs pee all over the place. beach, parks and nobody has any issues. a human pees and its a catastrophe!!

get real.

You have people volunteering to help you do a race. You piss on the pavement where they have to work all day long for nothing, helping people like you. You expect them to not be a tad unhappy about that?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
Quote:
bb

Miriam-Webster refers to the slang version of "pussy" as meaning a weak or cowardly man or boy. So unless you are referring to the sexism of calling men or boys weak or corwardly, then you are off base here.

There are other uses of the word including the adjective to describe pus, a vulgar term for female body part, or a feline.

There is an old joke in medicine. How do you spell "pussy"? P-I-R-U-L-E-N-T.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? I'm the only one that thinks it's distasteful for a judge to use a derogatory term in a public forum. The word clearly equates male weakness with a slang term for female anatomy. It's sexist, period. It's disingenuous to suggest that the word might be intended to be pronounced as to refer to something filled with pus. I just found this to be pretty ironic as the OP is calling for decorum (rightly so in the incident described, but also the case in his own choice of words).
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwisconsin wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:
Quote:
bb

Miriam-Webster refers to the slang version of "pussy" as meaning a weak or cowardly man or boy. So unless you are referring to the sexism of calling men or boys weak or corwardly, then you are off base here.

There are other uses of the word including the adjective to describe pus, a vulgar term for female body part, or a feline.

There is an old joke in medicine. How do you spell "pussy"? P-I-R-U-L-E-N-T.

Was the joke also that you spelled "Purulent" wrong? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
Really? I'm the only one that thinks it's distasteful for a judge to use a derogatory term in a public forum. The word clearly equates male weakness with a slang term for female anatomy. It's sexist, period. It's disingenuous to suggest that the word might be intended to be pronounced as to refer to something filled with pus. I just found this to be pretty ironic as the OP is calling for decorum (rightly so in the incident described, but also the case in his own choice of words).

No, the word (in this context) clearly does not have anything to do with the female anatomy. Nor has it anything to do with pus as you have rightly pointed out. Try looking the word up in the online dictionaries whilst remembering the context to which it is in use.

Here is a little help http://english.stackexchange.com/...-come-to-mean-coward

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Last edited by: chrisbint: Oct 9, 14 9:06
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:
PeePot Dome Scandal?

That made me laugh out loud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread continues to deliver.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:

If you are offended by it, why does matter if it's a judge specifically?? Not sure how that is even important to your argument.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can a mod change the title of this thread to Pee Pot Dome Scandal please.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:

get real.

Dogs also screw all over the place....beaches, parks, etc. So according to your logic, that's okay for human behavior also??? Why don't you get real?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're incorrect. Check the OED and I will leave it at that. I'd rather not get into a discussion of semantics on a triathlon board. As to why it matters that it's a judge? As I mentioned before, it's ironic in the context of the original post and his being referred to as an august member of the community.
Quote Reply

Prev Next