Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chariot ski kit question
Quote | Reply
Hello, I have a Chariot Chinook 1 and I purchased a cross country ski kit for it. However, I'm having issues connecting the kit to the Chariot. According to the instruction manual, it looks like it should work.
Page 3: https://www.rcortes.com/...ke_Kit_Manual_EN.pdf
However, the ski arms don't click in place at all. Did I purchase the wrong ski kit? It's almost as if the arms are missing a hole for the Chariot's locking mechanism.
Here are some pictures of my Chariot and the ski kit: https://imgur.com/a/tzSbKrU[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Chariot ski kit question [blibbertibs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no issues, but I do recall the locking mech had to be shoved in pretty far on the skis & poles for secure fit. The "ball bearing" that clicked into place was a little on the stiff side so maybe a drop of oil in there? Seemed like the more I used it the easier it clicked into place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey blibbertibs, wondering if you were able to get this to work? I have had a hell of a time trying to find a ski conversion kit that will work with my Chinook, and it seems like you hold the answer! Thanks for the update and Happy Thanksgiving!
Quote Reply
Re: Chariot ski kit question [IJP86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi hachi Roku,

I got it to work by drilling a hole the exact same size as the one that's already there for both poles, right beside the original hole. I'm guessing on some other models, the thing on the chariot that clicks into the ski poles go up and down but on the Chinook, it's at about a 45 degree angle. Does that make sense? Need a picture?

As for safety... I dunno, we went cross country skiing and the kid's still alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue back in the day. Point of frustration but sad I don’t recall if we did anything but WD40 on it. Seemed equally hard to get the poles out if I recall.
Quote Reply