Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Change bike position after weight loss?
Quote | Reply
Since getting professionally fitted for my road bike I have lost about 30kg/66lbs (keto then carnivore fyi). Does it make sense to have this fitting done again now? My flexibility hasn’t changed much during this time - it was always pretty good. Is there anything else I ought to change on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Change bike position after weight loss? [Barrtim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might make sense to revisit if your hip angle was limited previously by your quads hitting your stomach.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep get fitted again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been up and down in weight over the years. I can definitely maintain a position in the drops better when I'm not as fat. Yes, worth it.

And congrats on the weight loss. Not to be a Debbie Downer but maintaining is even harder than loosing. Be strong friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The difference between my race weight and hibernation weight (about 25 lbs) usually means my knees stop bumping into my tummy at race weight.
This year I am ready to hibernate a little earlier than usual, which explains all the naps I'm taking....:0)

So the takeaway from that is, if you're set up so there was no bumping at the previous (hibernation) weight, it follows you have room to spare at your new "race" weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the significant weight loss. I've been in a similar position and would definitely get fitted again. When I did it i was surprised how much lower I could get without that spare tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barrtim wrote:
Since getting professionally fitted for my road bike I have lost about 30kg/66lbs (keto then carnivore fyi). Does it make sense to have this fitting done again now? My flexibility hasn’t changed much during this time - it was always pretty good. Is there anything else I ought to change on the bike?
your flexibility doesn’t really make a difference, road or Tri. But slimming down in the gas tank area does.

Definitely get another fit, but if the first one was done right the refit won’t result in any drastic changes.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply