Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge family Championships
Quote | Reply
l did Challenge Daytona this past week and l have done well over 200 triathlons. That was the coolest setting l have ever raced in. So now l am thinking of going to Slovakia for their championship race. Looking for info on course. Elevation change on bike etc.Run course surface. Dos and don'ts in the area, travel suggestions etc.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge family Championships [bubbahhi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a awesome weekend.

The event is held at the X-Bionic Sphere which is like the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs but x10.

Swim can be choppy but fast.. Pros didnt wear wetsuits but AG were allowed. Bike from what i hear is super flat but can have some winds. Run is on many different surfaces, dirt, gravel, road, grass and some soft dirt areas. 3 laps around the Bionic Sphere but very spectator friendly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The course is super flat, the only hill in 30 kilometer radius around Samorin is the Danube river embankment but you will have to go up on it a few times during the run. Also the bike course goes along the top of the embankment, river on your right side, countryside on the left, just head down, hardly any turns.
But, it can get really windy around here! I live 30 kilometer away (underneath that closest hill I mentioned:)) and I can tell you theres a pretty big chance of a strong winds with gusts (usualy NW winds). Nearby areas are full of wind turbines and theres a reason for that. I would go there expecting winds and rather be pleasantly surprised with a calm day than the other way around.
The swim is taking palce in danube river but theres hardly any current, either way you'll be swimming up river near the bank and down river further in the water so if theres any current, it will only do you favour.

The x-bionic venue is amazing for event such as this and I am 100% confident you will love the atmosphere during the weekend. I've done the race when it was first held in 2016 and the next two years I only went to cheer on Lionel and my teammates.

When in Slovakia, there's many things for you to see. If you're a city sightseeing kinda guy, a typical tourists here visit Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Prague (these are all just a few hours drive apart and all historic and capital cities). If you've been to Europe before and want to see more "Slovakia-specific" sights, I highly recommend visiting Banska Stiavnica, Oravsky Hrad, Kremnica, and the country is basically full of castles and medieval fortresses from the times of Ottoman–Hungarian wars.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge family Championships [Rachela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachela,
Thanks for the info. We went to Budapest a few years ago and it rained like hell. My wife has wanted to go back and see more of the Danube ever since. One of by daughters has been to been to Prague and Vienna and spent the last 3 months in Zermatt. So we would like to sight see some while over there.
l passed on going to Ponteverde Spain hoping for a flatter course. l live on a flat island so should be used to winds by race time.
l would love to talk more off here.
Thnks,
Bubba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bubbahhi wrote:
......That was the coolest setting l have ever raced in........

250,000 empty seats?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply