Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Roth Cancelled..
Quote | Reply
The title says it all...
Announced live on Facebook two minutes ago..
https://www.facebook.com/...mily/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

The just released statement from Challenge.
https://www.challenge-family.com/...8sA7klj9R_E5XsaD4THo
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Mar 26, 20 5:18
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Cancelled.. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched it :(
Very clear statement from Roth, refund will be done minus administrative fee and place guarantee for next time!
Since it is a family business the Challenge-Roth team is asking to whoever can and want to contribute by giving a portion of the refund to the organisation to help them business wise.
I think this is good and fair, we are all there together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, so this is taking cancellations out to July already. Unfortunate. But makes sense with Olympics action. I'm still thinking events (in North America/Europe) could happen in August - if form follows what's occurred the over last two months. But who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Cancelled.. [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
Well, so this is taking cancellations out to July already. Unfortunate. But makes sense with Olympics action. I'm still thinking events (in North America/Europe) could happen in August - if form follows what's occurred the over last two months. But who knows.

Yeah there are more races in July and even August cancelling now. In Penticton the Peach Classic (mid July) is now cancelled along with the Ultra520K Canada which is on the first week of August.I reckon it is only a matter of time before Ironman Canada gets cancelled as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought they were at least going to provide the option to remain registered for next year event without paying an additional fee like ironman does. Instead they are only doing refunds minus the 90 euros admin fee, so that they we can register again if we like on April for 2021.

So for everyone that wants to go next years event and were already registered for 2020, that's a 90 euros penalty.

At least that's how I understood the email communication.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Cancelled.. [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
90 euros.
That's a fecking shed load of paper pushing administration. Especially as it's electronic.
Not to forget the admin fee when entering too. Which you'll need to pay yet again in 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually think that's a great move by Challenge, even if you take a hit of $90. With all that's happening and people losing their jobs, having some extra cash now is very helpful. I wish we had that option with WTC.

Also, they're guaranteeing your entry for next year so you can decide later if you still want to do it or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth Cancelled.. [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, that was big disappointment for me, 90 euros wasted. They tried to make it sound good about giving refunds, but after they mentioned about retaining that admin fee, guess most would have preferred what ironman is doing to just let everyone stay registered for next years event without any additional cost.

Again, that's my understanding from their statement and the email I have received, but will also try reach out to them to validate if there is an option to stay registered for next year without losing 90 euros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have already seen extremes with cancellations re refunds, deferrals, admin fees. I believe when the Tokyo Marathon cancelled for this year every registrant was secured a reserved spot for next year BUT there was no refund for this year AND they have to pay the full registration fee for next year. It's hard for the RD's to take a hit like a cancelled race. And hard for us athletes to lose all the registration fee. I believe that what Roth did is very fair. I just hope all the races, especially smaller ones, can survive this year so we have races to choose from in the future. We can't take them for granted.
Quote Reply