Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN)
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

As I posted a few months back this race is shaping up to be a stacked field so is the coverage. I spoke with the President of Challenge North America Bill and he said if you thought the coverage from Daytona was good this will be better. They learned a lot from the last race and plan to have even better coverage for this event. NBCSN will push their live stream to the Challenge Miami Facebook page for $2 that will be a donation to the NASCAR foundation. After the event they will post the "TV Package" deal on NBCSN. This will be an event you do not want to miss.

Link to Challenge Miami Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/340347627340330/

Race Coverage will be provided by NBC Sports Network (Same as Daytona) Watch the Race LIVE on The Challenge Miami Facebook Page You can watch the race TV Package after on NBCSN 3/18 2pm EST 3/21 12pm EST 3/22 2:30pm EST
Last edited by: talbotcox: Mar 3, 21 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting this- I was clicking around trying to find the right facebook page. I will be tuning in. Cheering for Meredith Kessler!

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a version of Facebook updated 6 days ago, but it’s telling me I need to update. I clicked the purchase button anyway, wasn’t working. I could just have some bad luck, but it seems like there might be some kinks.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Race in Full will be on the Peacock. Which I'm a subscriber of already. When I saw that I was stoked.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's me, watching triathlon like it's a thing!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
The Race in Full will be on the Peacock. Which I'm a subscriber of already. When I saw that I was stoked.

Will it be streamed on peacock live? Or is Facebook the only way to watch live?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this info, Talbot.

What are the actual start times for the pro women and men? I was trying to look on the Challenge site, but couldn't find it. Thanks!

Also, why are the pros racing on a Friday?

EDIT:
Answering my own question here, but I dug a bit more. Pro women are at 1:00 PM and men are at 3:15 PM.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Last edited by: natethomas: Mar 4, 21 5:04
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am told it will not be on peacock facebook only for the live event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I am told it will not be on peacock facebook only for the live event.

They "opened" it up for donations the last time and it was on the Peacock and that's how I watched. Facebook Live honestly sucks a whole lot since you don't have direct streaming apps to a television. Youtube would be significantly better.

However, maybe I made an assumption because Challenge Miami agreed to broadcast coverage from NBC that it would be on the Peacock. (Generally broadcasters don't segment out vertical rights, maybe they'd allow a simulcast, but they wouldn't not broadcast on their platform) But then you need to change creative you put in Lionel's latest video at 8:58 because [Lionel] is advertising Challenge Miami on the Peacock!

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a little confusing but need to look at the dates posted.

FB live is for the pro race on March 12th. The NBCSN coverage replay is the following weekend.

Dates for NBCSN Broadcast:
March 18 • 2 PM EST
March 21 • 12 PM EST
March 22 • 2:30 PM EST
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iliketri wrote:
Its a little confusing but need to look at the dates posted.

FB live is for the pro race on March 12th. The NBCSN coverage replay is the following weekend.

Dates for NBCSN Broadcast:
March 18 • 2 PM EST
March 21 • 12 PM EST
March 22 • 2:30 PM EST

Yeah, that's basically what happened with Daytona. Live on the link that Challenge "hid" asking for donations and then wham NBCSN and Peacock Coverage announced two days before with NBCSN coverage all delayed broadcasts with the Peacock being live.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bob Babbitt just downloaded an interview with Bill Christy - the Challenge USA CEO (I think is his title).

I love what they are trying to do - hopefully we (greater triathlon community) support what they are trying to do - impressive vision!

31 minutes or so but might be worth your time.

Challenge Miami is going to be amazing!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it strange that Challenge Miami has like 1/20th the prize money of Challenge Daytona for the pros, but seems to have an even more stacked roster of registered pros competing for the smaller prize purse?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [tedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, the Moritz Triathlon Company had buttressed the prize purse of Daytona and basically chose 80% of the field. Miami is effectively open on a first come, first served basis.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, paid my $2.79 Cad. fee, can't wait to watch this one!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which part are you confused about? Maybe I can help?

The live race on Facebook or the Edited TV Package on NBC after?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [tedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tedtri wrote:
Is it strange that Challenge Miami has like 1/20th the prize money of Challenge Daytona for the pros, but seems to have an even more stacked roster of registered pros competing for the smaller prize purse?
I keep expecting challenge to announce that the PTO is supporting this race as well, but for now as far as I'm aware it has nothing to do with it. I don't think the PTO has posted anything about Miami on their Instagram even. Maybe something will come up in the next 2 weeks, but as of now they don't seem interested in upping the purse at all. I get that they won't be able to do what they did for Daytona for every race, and at least they help set a good precedent for coverage which challenge is continuing.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's f****** stupid I don't want to watch everything on Facebook.... For Christ sakes can't we have regular television....... F****** millennials.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I can't even watch Sanders get smashed again and come up with all his excuses as to why he sucks at the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
That's f****** stupid I don't want to watch everything on Facebook.... For Christ sakes can't we have regular television....... F****** millennials.

They are showing it on TV the following week! You are in luck!!!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the full race in its entirety the following week or is it shortened and just the highlights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purchased. Hopefully you get a $.02 for a referral link ;-).

Try to keep the rubber side down this time around, Talbot!

Mark Saroni
Quote | Reply
It sounds like it will be a shortened TV show.

Facebook isn't exactly a cutting edge weird way to get entertainment these days. It's the same platform IM has used for years. I'm grateful they are putting it out as an option.

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Coverage (NBCSN) [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree on The cutting edge statement I just detest social media. I won't even use Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand that, but I guess I would just have one only for events if I REALLY wanted to watch the races. But it just isn't a big deal, to me.

Quote Reply

Prev Next