Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Challenge Miami - Haug - out
Quote | Reply
Facebook:

Unfortunately, even with all of the safety measures I've taken over the past several months to prepare for a healthy race with Challenge North America
Challenge Miami
in Miami, I've tested positive for COVID-19. This news is devastating as I've been so eager to race against the best in the sport and take on the beast of a course that is
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Thankfully, in compliance with Challenge North America's policies and CDC guidelines, I've been quarantining since arrival and have been able to stay isolated even while testing. Since testing positive, I've checked out of the athlete hotel and will be quarantining and will continue to follow CDC guidelines. I wish my fellow athletes the best of luck on the course and I’ll see you all at Challenge Daytona.
I‘m very happy that I‘m feeling well at the moment and Challenge North America is taking really good care of me. Stay healthy!
Last edited by: synthetic: Mar 11, 21 13:12
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that's must be crushing for her.....I hope she gets better soon!! she is a great runner would have been good to see how she does there, especially after the penalty she had in Daytona.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrible news. I hope she won't have side effects that affect her career after the recovery.
Can you change the title to 'Miami - Haug - out'?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks. I'm glad she's feeling well.

Anyone know Bob Babbitt's status re: Covid? I assume he may be fully vaccinated at this point and is being tested daily before his interviews. If not, I hope that plexiglass shield is doing the job protecting him and his interviewees.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Mar 11, 21 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Anyone know Bob Babbitt's status re: Covid? I assume he may be fully vaccinated at this point. If not, I hope that plexiglass shield is protecting him and his interviewees well.

ut oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtnSHlA0gg8
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami - Haug - out [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given the number of cases in Florida, I'm actually surprised this is the first positive reported.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami - Haug - out [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Given the number of cases in Florida, I'm actually surprised this is the first positive reported.
I'm sure this means everyone gets tested again tonight before race day. I won't be surprised if a few others are unable to race also.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Anyone know Bob Babbitt's status re: Covid? I assume he may be fully vaccinated at this point and is being tested daily before his interviews. If not, I hope that plexiglass shield is doing the job protecting him and his interviewees.

Good point. That plexiglass is on the desk and it's not actually in between two people. If you see it from different angle, you can tell. That's a terrible setup and I saw only Starky and Ben Kanute were wearing the mask during the interview. I hope no one got the Covid after her interview. He did 21 interviews after Haug. I hope no one got it. This is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjx2dRZxwnSVBNONIBOGQ1Q/videos?view=0&sort=dd
Last edited by: s13tx: Mar 11, 21 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:

Good point. That plexiglass is on the desk and it's not actually in between two people. If you see it from different angle, you can tell. That's a terrible setup and I saw only Starky and Ben Kanute were wearing the mask during the interview. I hope no one got the Covid after her interview. He did 21 interviews after Haug. I hope no one got it. This is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjx2dRZxwnSVBNONIBOGQ1Q/videos?view=0&sort=dd
And just like that, Miami turns into a race of only athletes not good enough to be interviewed by Bob Babbitt. That would be quite the twist.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just posted the interview w/Heather Jackson. No masks, no plexiglass, indoors, no 6ft. distancing, etc. Geez.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I saw who posted this thread, I thought it was going to be about how Haug's finish won't count because of her shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
They just posted the interview w/Heather Jackson. No masks, no plexiglass, indoors, no 6ft. distancing, etc. Geez.

I don't know what kind of Covid virus and where Anne Haug got, but these variants are no joke. They spread faster and more deadly. Can't believe grown up adults set things up like this. They should have known better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
poor Lucy may have a chance at winning now.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not only the athletes

Here is the commentary team taking a group hug selfie photo !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMS2PZXBKFo/

The team is back together and ready to help with the production of @challengemiami🙌
@rickallentv and @belindagranger will be in the booth getting important data from @jarrodshoemaker and @trirating. @thegregbennettshow and I will providing viewers with live commentary from the course. So much work goes into a production like this and glad to be a part of providing these athletes with the platform they deserve.
Last edited by: robbie: Mar 11, 21 18:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:

Unprofessional and even if everyone is tested and negative, it’s sending the wrong message.

Playing it loosely goosey Hawaiian style it isn’t surprising they start testing positive....
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pro cycling is doing a much better job modelling good behavior.

Interviews are outdoors, masked, and the mikes are on booms for 2m distancing.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The B w B highlights from day 2 popped up on my FB feed this evening and T.O. also wasn't separated by plexiglass while talking with Bob, but the other athletes shown on the highlights (except for H.J.) were.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Mar 11, 21 17:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. If there isn't some sort of pro athlete mini-super spreader event coming out of this I'll be surprised. Bad form on the part of Bob and Challenge for the Breakfast series.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Agree. If there isn't some sort of pro athlete mini-super spreader event coming out of this I'll be surprised. Bad form on the part of Bob and Challenge for the Breakfast series.

Exactly, there is zero reason to have the athletes sitting that close to creepy uncle Bob.
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's like Breakfast with Bob may have served up a large Covid19 Breakfast Burrito. If this ends up being a super spreader it will be an awful lesson to learn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost zero chance that Bob got it from Anne and immediately spread it to everyone else the same day. It takes a while (several days) before someone who has been exposed can spread it to others.

Mark Lemmon wrote:

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realized that. I wouldn't want to end up with C19 after the race. I understand their need to race and work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noooooooooooooooooooo! She's my favorite 😭

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Post deleted by kajet [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: kajet: Mar 11, 21 23:55
Re: Daytona - Haug - out [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
G. Belson wrote:
Almost zero chance that Bob got it from Anne and immediately spread it to everyone else the same day. It takes a while (several days) before someone who has been exposed can spread it to others.

But, if Bob tested positive in a PCR test so soon after talking to Haug, he couldn’t have gotten it from her. The test will give false negatives the first few days after infection for the same reason that you’re not initially contagious.

Whoever Bob may have infected will (i) test negative right now (ii) not be affected by the virus during the race.

They will however have decreased immunity after the race, as they normally would, which I guess is bad when a virus is growing inside you.

sorry, can we clarify whether bob is infected? we seem to be talking here like he is.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next