Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chain stuck between tension pulley and cage - how could you solve that problem ..
Quote | Reply
A friend is doing this race .. for "no reason" he can find the chain drops from the tension pulley and get stuck between the tension pulley and the cage time by time by shifting .. it worked fine before .. the bike has a thru axle and a floating hanger that was aligned before and still "looks fine" .. who had this problem and how could you solve it ??

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Chain stuck between tension pulley and cage - how could you solve that problem .. [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have seen it when the chain gets caught and wrenches the cage around causing it to misalign and open up.
Fixed with pliers and force (on Di2)
Quote Reply
Re: Chain stuck between tension pulley and cage - how could you solve that problem .. [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ONLY way a chain could get trapped between the TENSION pulley and the cage is for the bolt to have partially or mostly come undone.
Quote Reply
Re: Chain stuck between tension pulley and cage - how could you solve that problem .. [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for your replies .. hopefully he can fix it at next garage with pliers .. allen keys he has on board ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To free the chain? Normally the bolt for the pulley wheels screws into the thread on one of the derailleur cage parts. So the right size allen key should be all you need to tighten it if the chain isn't stuck somehow.

I'd also check that the cassette spins freely on the wheel. If it's sticky then odd things can happen with the chain.
Quote Reply