Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chain length, b limit screw, Ceramicspeed OSPW
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get the correct chain length for my Ceramicspeed OSPW. B-limit screw is backed out all the way and changing it only get me further from what I think is correct.

My setup is Osymetric 52/38 up front. If I ever change anything I go to 52/36 but not above 52.

Rear is a 11-28 cassette and if I change anything I would run an 11-23 or 12-25.

In other words, chain will never need to be longer in any setup I may use.

this is in small gear front and rear. When looking in ceramicspeed manual it looks like chain should actually be longer. I would like the upper pully wheel to sit closer to the cassette but changing the b limit screw only moves it further away.

This is in larges front and rear cog. There is a lot of available movement in the derailleur so chain could be shorter.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Chain length, b limit screw, Ceramicspeed OSPW [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would set that up 1 pair of links longer but it's fine where it is.

In that gear combination (small-small) you will never get the top pulley in the right position near the smallest cog.

I set the b-screw as needed. It only needs to go in far enough to drop the top pulley to clear the largest cog but still out far enough to get the chain wrap around the smallest cog while in the in big chain ring. I don't concern myself with the smaller cogs while in the small chainring.

IMO, with today's rear deraileurs, the differences between the b-screw adjustment from 11-23 to a 28 are negligible.
Last edited by: jaretj: Oct 16, 19 4:39
Quote Reply
Re: Chain length, b limit screw, Ceramicspeed OSPW [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^This
Quote Reply