Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo soloist
Quote | Reply
I have a soloist 54. I have only owned it for a little over a month. I have ridden it in the road bike configuration only. The dealer and I decided that after I put some miles on it we would then try the forward position. I have a 90mm stem on it now. The seat is a few inches above the handle bars now. I am very comfortable on the bike now.

I will continue to train mostly in the road bike configuration but I would like to race with aero bars. Hence the reason I purchased this bike. My question is this; do any of you soloist owners use your bikes in the forward position with aero bars? And if so what type of bars do you use, Clip, Integrated? Just looking for a little information as to what to do to get myself set up properly in a forward aero position. I have confidence in the guy who fitted me but I would like to hear what has worked for others.

I did read Tom's review on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have a Soloist but I did run a very similiar geometry Giant TCR-1 at about 75/76 degrees. For this bike I'd use either a forward seat post with the saddle jammed back for 76 or the M2 Racer seat shifter. This gives the same on the TCR as what you'd have on the Soloist in the forward position.

IMO, the best clip-ons are the Syntace C2 ultra-lites.
I went to the small size for the TCR, but would normally ride mediums on a tri bike. I also fit a 54 cm frame, so the small size C2's would probably work really good for you also.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you like the Soloist?
Quote Reply
I don't ride a soloist, but [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a good friend and training partner of mine does. The difference from his road to his tri position is a slightly shorter stem and a slight move forward in her seat (he does not flip the post around, though). He set the fastest amateur bike split at Ralph's in this position.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist [carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far I love it. I look forward to my rides, it may be the new bike thing. I have no complaints. It handles speed well. I may change the stock seat because it doesn't flex much, I am used to the standard Ti Flite which flexes a little more than the seat it came with but I am getting used to it.
Quote Reply