Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo soloist 2023
Quote | Reply
OK...about the pull the plug on a 51cm soloist. Force AXS. Convince me not to :-)
Last edited by: Francois: Sep 16, 22 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t. Unless the bike’s fit numbers don’t work, I can’t see myself ever recommending a different aero road bike. Seems to check all the boxes.

Honestly considering selling my Parlee RZ7 and switching to the Cervelo for simplicity sake.

Quote | Reply
They don't know how to build a website, can you trust them to build a bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 2023 Soloist? Is that new?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a bit longer and a bit lower than the original soloist, which is great, at least for me, with my short legs and long torso. Rode a soloist, then S3 with a slammed -17, 120mm stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
A 2023 Soloist? Is that new?

Yeah! It’s a pretty sweet bike, it was just released in the last few weeks.

Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - I like it! Can you really get them? Our local Cervelo dealer has almost nothing.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Competitive Cyclist has a couple ready to go right now.

Not sure about locally at all shops - I live 2 hrs from the nearest Cervelo dealer so online is my source anyways.

Quote | Reply
New propel could be a better buy, availability depending ?

I will commend cervelo in aus atleast, it’s gone bang and releasing them now to local bike shops even if it’s in tiny amounts. Giant has advertised the propel and it’s been crickets on availability here. Even the price hasn’t been locked in officially.

However to nitpick the cervelo ….. alu bars with cables running externally underneath the tape ? The seat clamp looks fiddly….. I guess that’s about it lol. The di2 in black is just shy of 10k in aus. Prices have gone mental last few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do it you deserve that bike.
We just got the 105 version.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
OK...about the pull the plug on a 51cm soloist. Force AXS. Convince me not to :-)

Still unsure of why anyone would choose SRAM over Shimano, but hey I haven't ridden bikes in almost 3 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

I think this is a great do-it-all bike and it should perform nearly as well as the absolute bleeding edge road bikes. Nobody needs anything fancier.

I was just reading a review and they said it was ~$2500 less than a similar spec S5. I have a hard time thinking that a $6000 Ultegra bike is reasonable, but I guess that is the world we live in.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks very similar to the Tarmac SL6/7.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Francois wrote:

Still unsure of why anyone would choose SRAM over Shimano, but hey I haven't ridden bikes in almost 3 years.

I switched from Di2 to AXS on my Open UP this summer. Both are fantastic systems, shift well and run quietly. The downside of AXS is it weights more for a similar price. The plus side is the you can more easily outfit a decent crank based power meter. And the AXS app is fantastic compared to Shimano’s garbage di2 app. Shimanos battery life is better but SRAM’s has been good enough that it hasn’t bothered me that I charge it more often than the di2.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do it. The bike looks great and in comes in at a lower price than a lot of comparable bikes with similar specs that have dropped in the past couple years. Cheaper than SL7, Emonda, Propel, Madone…similar in price to what canyon has (or should have since stock is often non existent). The cable routing seems nice as well, clean but a little bit easier to make adjustments.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
They don't know how to build a website, can you trust them to build a bike?

Because designing and building a website and building a bike are completely different things done by completely different people?

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Sep 16, 22 15:37
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish it was Aluminum to drop costs even more, but guess Cervelo is done with that.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theyellowcarguy wrote:
I wish it was Aluminum to drop costs even more, but guess Cervelo is done with that.

still racing my Alu soloist - that thing slaps!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Do it. The bike looks great and in comes in at a lower price than a lot of comparable bikes with similar specs that have dropped in the past couple years. Cheaper than SL7, Emonda, Propel, Madone…similar in price to what canyon has (or should have since stock is often non existent). The cable routing seems nice as well, clean but a little bit easier to make adjustments.

Done. Few changes (shorter cranks, bigger rings and longer stem).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Good call. If I was in the market, it'd get a strong look. My last road purchase was the 3T Strada Duo because it has similar non-crazy front end.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo soloist 2023 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I dig the 3T. Got the BMW gravel edition and love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. Which color way did you go with?

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Chemist wrote:

Nice.

Smartly integrated, lots of good design choices. Cervelo did well.

I don't need a new bike... but this one has me re-thinking that.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next