Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo paint quandary
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up a Cervelo R5 in what they describe as their “sharp, bold colorway”. BS. It looked great online, but in person it’s sort of a matte red (definitely not mentioned in the description). Worst paint job I’ve ever dealt with, with regard to smudges and keeping it clean.

It appears similar to the non-glossy P5s from recent years, and I’m wondering if P5 owners had problems keeping their bikes de-smudged, too? If so, any tips for cleaning it? So far, I’ve tried Simple Green, Dawn liquid dish soap, Windex... nothing seems to do a good job.

Hopefully someone has something they’re happy with.

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo paint quandary [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acetone
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo paint quandary [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
I recently picked up a Cervelo R5 in what they describe as their “sharp, bold colorway”. BS. It looked great online, but in person it’s sort of a matte red (definitely not mentioned in the description). Worst paint job I’ve ever dealt with, with regard to smudges and keeping it clean.

It appears similar to the non-glossy P5s from recent years, and I’m wondering if P5 owners had problems keeping their bikes de-smudged, too? If so, any tips for cleaning it? So far, I’ve tried Simple Green, Dawn liquid dish soap, Windex... nothing seems to do a good job.

Hopefully someone has something they’re happy with.

TIA

ISO alcohol mixed 50/50 with water in a spray bottle does the trick for my mat p5

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo paint quandary [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
acetone

I can’t tell if you’re kidding. I would think acetone might be a tad harsh.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo paint quandary [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Maurice.
Quote Reply