Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo models
Quote | Reply
Folks,

I must have been living under a rock for the last 7 years. I bought my P2 8 years ago and I've had a great time with it. I was thinking I would buy a new P2 but with DI2. I called a LBS today and the guy told me there are only 2 Cervelo frames now. The P and the X. The numbers really only represent the configurability of the bikes. So as it was described P2 is entry level 105 components the only choice you can make is between 2 colors. P3 is the same frame as the P2 but you can choose group sets. P5 same frame as P2 or P3 Can choose groupsets and disc or non disc brakes. Is this correct? He said the website isn't updated yet. What is going on?

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [chevy57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully he's not the most knowledgeable guy at that bike shop or you might need to find a new bike shop.

3 frames being sold new: P2/P3 (rim brake), P5d, P3x (both disc brake). 2 more if you count the older P5 that many bike shops will still have old stock of (rim brake) and the P5x (disc brake).
P2/P3 difference is pretty much paint and components. The rest of them all have pretty specific properties and advantages. I'd recommend taking a look at Cervelo's site as it would take a bit long to list them out: https://www.cervelo.com/en_US/bikes/triathlon, https://www.cervelo.com/.../timetrial-triathlon

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things are changing at Cervelo.
They still have P2/3 rim brakes but they will be gone and done soon
The new P series will be disc brake and will come in 4 different builds.
105, Ultegra mechanical,Ultegra Di2 and SRAM AXS.
The P5 disc has been out for awhile.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
They still have P2/3 rim brakes but they will be gone and done soon
The new P series will be disc brake and will come in 4 different builds.
105, Ultegra mechanical,Ultegra Di2 and SRAM AXS.

Source?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Hopefully he's not the most knowledgeable guy at that bike shop or you might need to find a new bike shop.

As CC mentioned the shop guy is actually ahead of the curve
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P3 Disc will have the same frame as the P5 just different bars and fork from what I have heard. The P5X is no longer and the P3X is the only non UCI legal frame going forward. I much simpler lineup in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have an idea when Cervelo will stop making rim brake bikes all together? Next year, 2021 etc. Want to stick with my rim brake S3 wondering if i need to grab a frame set?

Thanks
Last edited by: justrunning: Aug 29, 19 13:40
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be public soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P5 disc is it’s own frame/ integrated front end
The “P” series is a non integrated front end disc brake
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Aug 29, 19 12:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Sounds like the guy I spoke to knew what he was talking about. He said that the website would be updated soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woops. My bad. Curious to see how much bike shops will have to discount their stock of p2 and p3s to get them out of the way, assuming Cervelo keeps the same price point for the new disc versions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Woops. My bad. Curious to see how much bike shops will have to discount their stock of p2 and p3s to get them out of the way, assuming Cervelo keeps the same price point for the new disc versions.

HAHA. Good one!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo models [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpay wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

HAHA. Good one!
Okay I deserved that one. That being said, QR's disc offerings are already very solid despite being early into the entry level disc market so you'd assume they'll only get more competitive. Cervelo would have to be careful not to price themselves out of the market vs QR.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR can do deep discounts and they do as they are a direct to customer format.
I will say this I have fit & built Tri bikes for many years and still do.Don’t be fooled by price there is a lot of difference between carbon layer up from brand to brand.
Also I’m a Cervelo guy and there is a quality difference between QR and Cervelo frames.
You may save some money but in the long term you give up ride quality and weight.
I had someone bring in a QR PR6 size 54 with pedals and flat it weighed 25lbs!
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Aug 29, 19 15:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

Cervelo R3 rim: $3700 (mech), $5500 (di2)
Cervelo R3 disc: $4500 (mech), $6500 (di2)

Cervelo S3 rim: $5000 (mech), $6500 (di2)
Cervelo S3 disc: $5500 (mech), $7000 (di2)

Specs are not entirely the same due to different wheels, etc. But guessing their will be a $500+ increase in price. Wouldn't mind if I was wrong on this.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Also I’m a Cervelo guy and there is a quality difference between QR and Cervelo frames.
You may save some money but in the long term you give up ride quality and weight.
I had someone bring in a QR PR6 size 54 with pedals and flat it weighed 25lbs!

I'm a Cervelo fan as well. That being said, I'm betting it was something other than the frameset that led to the hefty weight of the bike. Per Quintana Roo the PR6 frameset is ~200g lighter than the Cervelo P5 frameset.

Matt
Quote Reply