Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Soloist -> One-piece front end?
Quote | Reply
Need a little advice from the gurus frequent this site.

I'm currently riding a Cervelo Soloist which I love with clip on aerobars (syntace C2) and am considering going to a one piece front end HED or something along that line. However the steering is quite nimble on my bike and I'm a little worried that: 1. adding a one-piece front end will make the steering a little too flighty and 2. That I wont be able to get a comfortable position using this set-up.

If anyone has any advice or past experiences I'd love to hear it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist -> One-piece front end? [coolnat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My advice, save your money. Unless the bike is designed for the extra weight of you on aero bars, the ride quality will not be that great and those HED bars are expensive. Also, you may not be able to get low enough to take advantage of the one piece bars, though you could go with a "Testa" type fit ala Lieto and Macca - but the one piece bars are really for show at this point.

I went through this a little while ago, my TT bike is on order...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist -> One-piece front end? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks John I like my bike and it's not very old so I might have to see what other options exist at the moment, will take a look at what you have mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't waste your money, you slide out in a corner and break your carbon one piece bar, your out 300 bucks. Bend up your metal cowhorns and your down 15 bucks at chucksbikes.com.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: Cervelo Soloist -> One-piece front end? [RipVanWinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rip, kinda had that thought myself I guess the other question is what's the big advantage of going to a nice expensive one piece? and what do people recommend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the advantages i have heard are 1) stiffness 4) weight and c) lack of movement in the setup(for lack of better terminology). and for that last one i mean you don't have to worry about the clip ons shifting. i have been on rides on rougher roads/hit potholes that caused my c2's to rotate on the bullhorns. made the rest of the ride much more unenjoyable. i read a review on xtri.com of a one piece set up and the guy mentioned that there was almost a subconscious change in that his brain knew he could really lean all his weight on the one piece set up(due to its "solid feel"), and that he never realized he hadn't been leaning fully on his two piece set up for fear of shiftage.

i still ride c2 clip ons with bull horns although i'd like to try the one piece set up....

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply