Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo S5d for 2019?
Quote | Reply
There's and article on cyclingnews.com that describes change to the C, R, and P series bikes for 2019, but did not mention an S5d, nor an update to the P5.

I had been thinking seriously about an S5d.

Anybody actually know anything?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first line of the BIkeRadar article on the 2019 line:

Cérvelo might still have three major announcements waiting in the wings, but there's plenty to like in its 2019 range.

In other words, there's more new product to come.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. How the hell did I miss that? ugh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the link to the article:
https://www.bikeradar.com/.../cervelo-2019-52813/

The P3 photo looks green, but I think it's actually the same fluoro color you see on the 18 P3 (but in a different paint design).

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the hints a few retailers ha e dropped in threads I’m guessing a new S5 is one of the announcements. Interesting what the other two are...or when they’ll get around to making them.

Not sure what to think of the new P5x paint. The C-series looks ugly unfortunately. Also I’m surprised they haven’t upped the tire clearance a bit more. Also a little surprised they are doing The R2 in rim only since it shares the same frame as the R3 which is available in both rim and disc.

Mosly I’m hoping to find a killer deal on the bright yellow 2018 R3 now that the new ones are coming out :)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if Shimano cranks are on the p2, are they not using a bbright bottom bracket? Or using an adapter...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS has confirmed there will be a new S5 at interbike...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not trying to entirely derail this thread, but I find it funny that at the TDF Shimano won 18 stages, Campy 3 and ZILCH by SRAM--nadda...
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sram is definitely slower. That must be it =)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if the whole S line will see a significant change. I've noticed multiple online retailers have their S3d marked way down (i.e. $3000 for the mechanical ultegra which normally sells for $4500) while the previous model year R-series are still full price. Making room for something more than just a new color scheme?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Not my picture... popped up on Weight Weenies 3 days ago or so.
Last edited by: Andres: Sep 5, 18 14:38
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! This might just prevent me from getting the new Venge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Sep 5, 18 16:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice grab, thanks for sharing. Is it me or does the cockpit appear to have a "high V" configuration? Not to hate on discs but hopefully this lowers the price of S5 of the prior generation S5 frame sets :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d guess the prices will be around $5200 frameset, $6,000 Ultegra, $8,500 Ultegra Di2, $11,500 eTap or DA Di2

And the stem does appear to have the high v look. Interestingly the person who posted this on WW created an account just for that.
Last edited by: Andres: Sep 5, 18 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a good looking bike, I'm just not a fan of the proprietary cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The poster of the pic at ww broke a dealers day visitor contract definitively ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Nice grab, thanks for sharing. Is it me or does the cockpit appear to have a "high V" configuration? Not to hate on discs but hopefully this lowers the price of S5 of the prior generation S5 frame sets :)

I have been watching on FleeBay and S5, gen 2, is now about sub-1500$. I'm tempted, but I figure I will wait for a Madone. Prices have come down on those, but not really below 2200$. If you are looking for fast and cheap, the Felt AR is the ticket. There was a really nice AR frame that went for 475$ in a 54cm (popular size). The windtunnel data for the new Cannondale compared it to the AR and it was very good (in line with Felt's numbers).
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt AR is da bomb. It can even fit 27-28mm tubs (a rarity for non-disc aero bikes). Slap an Omega X in front and you've been aero-covered.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there even a benefit of having an integrated fork with disc brakes? I get integrating the fork and rim brakes but it seems like its just adding material and weight.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I have been watching on FleeBay and S5, gen 2, is now about sub-1500$. I'm tempted, but I figure I will wait for a Madone. Prices have come down on those, but not really below 2200$. If you are looking for fast and cheap, the Felt AR is the ticket. There was a really nice AR frame that went for 475$ in a 54cm (popular size). The windtunnel data for the new Cannondale compared it to the AR and it was very good (in line with Felt's numbers).

Oh man, do me a favor and look out for a 56 or 58 for me! I saw that Felt you are referring to and I’ve seen a couple of Madone frames but I’m yet to see a second generation S5 below $3,000 in any form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard from a guy working with cervelo that there would be a p5 with discs this year, and updated p2/p3 in 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And they may not. Because S5 will only be disc now, the previous model with rim brakes may have enough uniqueness and appeability to certain riders that it won’t plummet as much as you think. I remember the anticipated plummet of the secondary P5 market after the announcement of the P5x that never really came to fruition. This may be different but who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a distinct possibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5d for 2019? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
So if Shimano cranks are on the p2, are they not using a bbright bottom bracket? Or using an adapter...

Either an adapter, or more than likely, a Shimano-BBright specific bottom bracket like this from rotor.
Quote Reply

Prev Next