Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo S3 2009 vs Wahoo Kickr?
Quote | Reply
I have a 2009 Cervelo S3 with crazy fat chain stays that does not install on my Tacx Neo. Does anyone know if this bike would work with a Wahoo Kickr?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S3 2009 vs Wahoo Kickr? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing your non-drive side seat stay is hitting the Neo frame. I just, and I mean just, have enough clearance on my Specialized Transition and the only reason in works is that the Transition has horizontal dropouts so I can sneak it in place. I have put the bike on a kickr and it did have substantially more clearance so I suspect it will work for you. The kickr is thinner in the relevant location due to the flywheel being in a different location.

However that was a gen 2 kickr and I am not sure exactly where the S3 is hitting the Neo. Its worth trying to find a kickr or kickr core to try it on. I suspect it will work but won't guarantee it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S3 2009 vs Wahoo Kickr? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
I am guessing your non-drive side seat stay is hitting the Neo frame.

Chain stay, but yes, non-drive side. Good point on just finding one to try it out, I ought to be able to do that. Duh. Either way, sounds like based on your experience there is a decent shot . . . wouldn't take much more clearance for it to work.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2008 Cervelo SLC on my Wahoo Kickr, not sure how the stays differ in size though. It's also the newest model Kickr, the app claims its a 2020 model. I can measure them and take a photo tonight if you wish.
Last edited by: Jamison: Jul 14, 20 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S3 2009 vs Wahoo Kickr? [Jamison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the offer, it doesn’t look like your bike has the same crazy fat chain stays as the ‘09 S3, but I guess the photo would tell.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 2009 S3 (TDF Yello/black edition), pretty sure it worked just fine with my kickr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2009 S3 will work with plenty of clearance on the latest Wahoo Kickr. Not sure if previous Wahoo Kickrs had any different design limitations. I had the same uh oh moment with a tacx Neo.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S3 2009 vs Wahoo Kickr? [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer99 wrote:
The 2009 S3 will work with plenty of clearance on the latest Wahoo Kickr. Not sure if previous Wahoo Kickrs had any different design limitations. I had the same uh oh moment with a tacx Neo.

Great, thanks all ... Wahoo Kickr+Climb coming to my pain cave!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply