Cervelo P Series
Quote | Reply
Hi
Anyone got one or have one on order?
Thoughts ?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have one in order yet, but my thoughts are that a P-series frame with a Tririg Alpha One bar looks pretty close to P5 disc for much less money.... that’s all eyeball aero though.

Quote | Reply
I have ordered one that should be here next week. I replaced the seat, added a power meter (Pioneer), and changed the crank length. I got the 6500 dollar version...Di2 and discs. Replacing a 12 year old Felt. Looks pretty adjustable so we will see.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series [krafty81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for some help from current P series owners. Went to pick up my new bike, a disc/Di2 P series. I did not come home with it. The manager, who is really the only one with experience, was not there but I want him to take a look at it. Observations:
- The hydration system seems cheap and flimsy, wiggles easily. Maybe not installed correctly?
- The front hydration system is also "open" on the top rear - looks like there should be some sort of cap or cover?
- Di2 shifting not as smooth as I thought on the roller
- Not sure where to mount my Garmin computer
- Lower water bottle seems pretty useless, hard to get in and out

Any other owners with comments?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
krafty81 wrote:
Looking for some help from current P series owners. Went to pick up my new bike, a disc/Di2 P series. I did not come home with it. The manager, who is really the only one with experience, was not there but I want him to take a look at it. Observations:
- The hydration system seems cheap and flimsy, wiggles easily. Maybe not installed correctly?
- The front hydration system is also "open" on the top rear - looks like there should be some sort of cap or cover?
- Di2 shifting not as smooth as I thought on the roller
- Not sure where to mount my Garmin computer
- Lower water bottle seems pretty useless, hard to get in and out

Any other owners with comments?

Thanks.

The hydration system should like this with garmin holder that also closes the bottle and it shouldn’t be really flimsy, but yeah, it can move a bit off course.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Oct 6, 19 1:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't the back open bc it has storage for solid nutrition?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What keeps it from flying out if there is no cover?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has slots for elastic bands just like Profile Design FC
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. Looking at some other hydration options. Do not want to mount my Garmon on that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Any updates on your purchase?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Manager agrees the hydration that comes with Cervelo is wiggly. Offering to swap with xlab or something else. Will pick up Saturday. Rest of the bike seems nice, just have to mount my Garmin somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the bike and very happy with it. They tightened up the hydration in the front and it is very stable now. I changed out the seat and added a gorilla cage in the back. Fits like a glove and rides great. P Series with disc and Di2 shifters. Putting the Garmin mount on the front of the hydration . It is an alternate piece you can install. Done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That hydration looks cheap, might as well just buy a PD BTA bottle

Only having disc brakes is a deal breaker too (adds weight, not aero, harder to work on, etc.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you like the the Vision 55TC wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wheels are nice. I am replacing the vision hydration in the front because I want an integrated mount for my garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P Series [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That mount not available with new Vision bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you get the front end from the p5disc or p3x on the pseries as an upgrade?
Quote Reply