Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P5 Disc - Cockpit
Quote | Reply
Looking for some help on a strong consideration of cockpit change to my new build. I'm interested in the Speed Shop 51 mono riser and utilizing my existing VUKA AXS Aerobars. The pad set up on the stock cockpit doesn't lend itself to a wider position where as the Speed Shop 51 cockpit does. Has anyone gone in this direction and if so does the change require any modification or a bolt on change.

Any insight or additional suggestions would be most appreciated - thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Disc - Cockpit [Harry Weinblatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harry Weinblatt wrote:
Looking for some help on a strong consideration of cockpit change to my new build. I'm interested in the Speed Shop 51 mono riser and utilizing my existing VUKA AXS Aerobars. The pad set up on the stock cockpit doesn't lend itself to a wider position where as the Speed Shop 51 cockpit does. Has anyone gone in this direction and if so does the change require any modification or a bolt on change.

Any insight or additional suggestions would be most appreciated - thanks in advance.

So, your question is if the Speedshop 51 mono riser post will fit the P5 disc frame? It will nit but you can use the EX10 mono riser and that allows the wider pad position, tilt and can take the Vuka AXS shifter.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Disc - Cockpit [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeroen,

Quick question. I love the P5d bars and everything is fine. Do you have a solution for the base bar hand grips sliding around? I really like them, but they slide on the bars particularly when it is hot.

Thank you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Jul 1, 20 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Disc - Cockpit [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi David,

Hmm not right now. I and as far as I know none of our P5d customers experiences this problem. But maybe your shop slide them on with a lubricant that causes the problem.You need to 'lubricate' them to get them on but we use a deodarant spray that also evaporates quickly so the sliding isn't an issue.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Jeroen - Thank you the Speed Shop 51 mono riser does not extend down like the EX 10 the mono riser. The Speed Shop 51 mono riser extends upward from the base bar, nothing below the base bar. Since you are familiar with the cockpit of the P5 Disc can the Speed Shop Base Bar fit the front end of the P5 Disc ? I currently have the EX 10 mono riser with the pads as far out as they go and still narrow for my shoulders. As an alternative would I be able to bolt on the Speed Shop 51 pads to the EX 10 and achieve what I am looking for, they look larger and wider than the stock Cervelo pads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Harry, of you have the P5d already then you know that the base bar only accept the ex10 or ex11 mono extension.
Nothing else will fit that ‘ port’ in the base bar and you cannot switch to another base bar.

But, djeez, how broad are your shoulders if you need more then 35 cm’s from outer edge to edge :-)

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Hi Harry, of you have the P5d already then you know that the base bar only accept the ex10 or ex11 mono extension.
Nothing else will fit that ‘ port’ in the base bar and you cannot switch to another base bar.

++ on that

The fork / basebar on the p5d are fully integrated, there is no way you could fit any other basebar (or mast).

"Maybe" if you change your fork ($)... but not sure that will work. And that defeat the purpose of purchasing a fancy p5d. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harry Weinblatt wrote:
I currently have the EX 10 mono riser with the pads as far out as they go and still narrow for my shoulders. As an alternative would I be able to bolt on the Speed Shop 51 pads to the EX 10 and achieve what I am looking for, they look larger and wider than the stock Cervelo pads

you swapped the native mono-riser on your P5d to the EX10 with tilt?

One way to allow for more width for your shoulders is to add reach. Max the pads forward and shrug your shoulders and open your shoulder angle to make up the new reach difference.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.â€
Quote Reply