Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3 - 1X Crank/BB Help?
Quote | Reply
Makiing the move to 1X on my 2015 P3. I'm not the original owner, but believe the current BB (FSA PressFit 30, model B3155) and crankset (110 BCD FSA Gossamer - For BBRight BB386 Evo) are original.

I want to run a 52t upfront, so couple of questions:

1) Can I just throw on a 52t 110 BCD Narrow/Wide chainring like this onto the existing crank and make it work as is? That's probably the simplest solution as it wouldn't require a new BB nor any adapters.

or

2) If I wanted to run a SRAM crank w/52t X-Sync (130 BCD) could I get a SRAM Force crankset (BB30?) and would BB require adapters? Would love to run a 52t direct mount but can't seem to find anything that foots the bill.

Appreciate the help.
Last edited by: sailnfast: Oct 6, 18 23:48
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 - 1X Crank/BB Help? [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) yes (you’ll need to have shorter chainring bolts, or spacers, which I think SRAM 1x come supplied with)

2) yes, and you’ll need to mess around with spacers as the axle is made for all 30mm bb ‘standards’ !
Direct mount - the new Rotor, Aldhu or Vegast will work. Really neat and simple as the drive side arm holds the ring against a flange on the axle, so no tools required to swap ‘rings other than one Allen key, the same one you used to fit the system. I fitted one for a customer this week and thought it was the neatest direct mount I’ve seen.

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Cervelo P3 - 1X Crank/BB Help? [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Are you going to get the clutch derailleur? I would be interested to hear feedback from folks who only did the narrow/wide chainrings. I just used regular chainrings and took one off and thought all the silliness with clutch and narrow/wide was just that, but I must have just been lucky over my first few weeks of use. After that, I started dropping chains left and right. When I looked into it, SRAM said that folks who only try the narrow/wide are really only using half the system and they should really have the clutch derailleur. Anyone confirm or deny the effectiveness of one or the other?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 - 1X Crank/BB Help? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes on the clutch RD. I’ve ran it along with a narrow/wide SRAM X-Sync upfront and it worked flawlessly. Definitely the way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I initially went ‘cheap’, standard chainring and no clutch (and the bike is my commute ‘cross bike, so has longer stays) and chain would drop at speed when shifting, I went narrow/wide (q-ring) and I only then dropped the chain when I was shifting on bumpy roads or the chain was approaching wear limits, I now have clutched mech and haven’t dropped a chain since fitting it (currently chain is desperate for replacement too). I’m Shimano, not SRAM btw. And, I use the Wolf tooth converter thing to use XT mech with road shifters - I was sceptical, but it’s been flawless for a year!

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Last edited by: undies: Oct 7, 18 23:11
Quote Reply