Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Aspero as a do it all bike
Quote | Reply
Whats your thoughts on using an Aspero as a Gravel/ Road and Tri Bike

thoughts where to get fit in a tri position then just swap out parts (forward Seat post, lower stem, etc..) when training for Tri

does anyone else a 1 bike that does it all?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Aspero as a do it all bike [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great for gravel and road (but l wish one could fit wider 700C tires ... )

But for triathlon? If you're gonna use aerobars, not so much.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do this on my road bike (except for the gravel bit). It's relatively easy if you can swap the entire cockpit from the stem up, and bolt in a new seatpost without having to jiggle the saddle position. This is the upside of external cable routing.

I think the challenges with that bike would be:
* finding a forward offset seatpost of the right shape
* internal cable and hose routing
* possibly the gearing range differences between gravel and tri

Not sure much can be done about the seatpost. Maybe some custom offset clamp-to-clamp setup could be bolted to the top of one of their seatposts.

For the cables, maybe use Etap, and clip on the brake hoses externally, then include another set of brake calipers as part of the kit to swap over?
Won't be that pretty though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love mine for road and gravel. Still trying to figure out my ideal wheelsets

Definitely not a Tri bike though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really depends on how different your Tri and road position are. All my bikes have a very similar seat height, setback and saddle, but I am probably just weird.

I see two issues. The first is getting the position right for three cockpits and the second is deciding how much you are willing to compromise.

The stock gravel cockpit isn’t going to be very aero. Swapping cockpits would be much easier if you went with cable disc brakes.You just leave the housing and push the cable though. I know all the cool kids run hydraulic, but cable brakes aren’t bad.

Whether you can make the seatpost work is another matter. The 1st gen Exploro has a zero setback post so that might be a better option. I would say that the super steep seat angle may be less necessary with a narrow and higher position. At least in the TT world you see fewer fast people sitting on the very tip of the saddle.

The more I think about, the more I think you are likely be building a bike that does nothing very well, but it it is an interesting project .
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Aspero as a do it all bike [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
Love mine for road and gravel. Still trying to figure out my ideal wheelsets

Definitely not a Tri bike though

Mine has Industry Nine UL235cx for Gravel and had Industry Nine i9.65s for road. If I were to re-buy, I'd go with a slightly less deep road set for a bit more versatility.

Swapping back and forth required no brake adjustments and the performance:weight is rock solid for both.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Last edited by: xtrpickels: Oct 1, 20 13:03
Quote Reply