Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Ad--and I'm not talking about primates
Quote | Reply
I noticed Cervelo's new print ad in the January Triathlete mag. Very nice. If you haven't seen it, it pictures each model. Opposite the pic is the MSRP and the difference between the particular bike and the one that is one notch cheaper (of course the lowest, the One, just lays out the basic specs). That's basic info--what do I get for paying how much more?--but it seems to take a spreadsheet and a few hours on a bike company's website to pull that info together in most circumstances.

I don't have a Cervelo, and I'm not even in the market for a bike, but kudos for the ad.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Ad--and I'm not talking about primates [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also very impressed not only by their ads but also by their website and their ('02) catalog. I haven't seen an '03 catalog yet. Their advertising, catalog and website extoll the virtues of the product and the philosphy behind its desing: Why it is the way it is. Features and Benefits. I compared this to another tri bike manufacturers catalog from '03 that is filled with flowery, "appeal to the emotion" ad copy that does not do that companiy's bikes justice. Cervelo is selling the steak and not the sizzle. At least one other company hired an ad agency to write copy that predominantly establishes an "image" and sells the sizzle but leaves you wanting for the steak. And people wonder why Cervelo is doing so well. Seems pretty basic in retrospect.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Ad [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is nice to see a company explain the options they offer in a manner the HELPS the customer decide - as opposed to adding to the confusion. I think it is one way to tell if the company respects it's customers ability to think... and then buy. I appreciate that a lot.

I do not work for, or own a cervelo. Just saw the add.
Quote Reply