Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo 2011
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when Cervelo plans on updating to 2011? They seem to be the last horse over the line.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
End of November. Check out the Nytro site for more details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another good place to find out info about this is the forums on cervelo.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same question and just picked up the phone and called their Toronto office. I was told their website would be updated with the 2011 bikes this coming Wednesday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone heard the release date for the much anticipated P5?

I'm expecting to read it hear first.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No P5's yet, in fact hopefully 2011 is the year we will see some reliable production of the P4. As for changes the S1 is gone and the R series geometry has been revamped. No significant changes to the P2 and P3. The P4 has a new rear break and seatpost clamp.
Matt
twitter.com/triathlonoutlet
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone heard the release date for the much anticipated P5?

I'm expecting to read it hear first.

WOW. Did not know that ST had a voice function.

Semper Fi

Motor, Suffer, Bonk
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [mee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with the S1 gone do you know if they will have a less expensive road bike model than the S2 or is S2 the price point at which the offerings will start?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [wonder bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The RS Rival will be the entry level price point for road at sub $2800

Matt
twitter.com/triathlonoutlet
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [mee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As for changes the S1 is gone........

Very big mistake IMHO. Aluminum is now considered old school, but this was the best aluminum frame still on the market. I wonder how many buyers of their high end bikes first owned an aluminum model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone know when Cervelo plans on updating to 2011? They seem to be the last horse over the line.

You can checkout the full 2011 line-up on our website @ http://coloradomultisport.com/bikes/cervelo/. The R3 and R5 bikes will be featuring BBright-- I uploaded the PDF to our site just now for you so you can read about it: http://coloradomultisport.com/bikes/cervelo/bbright/

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [Sandwich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Website is up:

http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2011/

Looks like the 2011 P2 Ultegra will be starting out at $2800. I thought Nytro and other online places were showing them listed at $2400. Wasn't there suppose to be a price drop on the P2 from 2010 to 2011? I thought that was the news from Interbike?

Also, the S1 is still around for 2011. So those rumors appear to be false of it going away.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [53x12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW Hickory & Tweed in Armonk NY has an R5ca in the window.

to steal from Speedplay's ad about the Nanograms:

Freakishly Light. Outrageously Expensive...or something like that..

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going through the main cervelo website won't link you to that page. I doubt that is the completed website for the 2011 lineup, there is still ultegra 6600 on some bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [KssanDR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That makes sense, they probably have some kinks still to work out as they continue to update the product line. But I figured they would at least have the pricing down?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it also had the S2 ultegra as a $1400 upgrade over rival, yikes, cant imagine thats accurate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Looks like the 2011 P2 Ultegra will be starting out at $2800. I thought Nytro and other online places were showing them listed at $2400."

the latest i got from cervelo, very recently, showed $2400.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks. Looks like it is just an error and probably will be corrected on the website when the update to the 2011 website is complete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm ordering a 2011 P2 at $2400 quoted.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [darottens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the 2011 lineup is posted officially.

NA will NOT be getting the S1 in 2011, but will still be available outside NA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting decision for them to eliminate the S1 (their "kick ass" aluminum road bike) at the same time that other companies, such as Specialized, are reworking their aluminum entry models to be fairly "kick ass" as well...

Case in point, the Specialized Allez Comp frameset (list price $550) has a torsional stiffness identical to the Tarmac SL3 and apparently weighs ~the same as a Cervelo S2...interesting.

http://www.specialized.com/...1001&scname=Road

Why does the phrase "budget crit bike" keep popping into my head? ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P4 did get some aero changes!!! New downtube and seattube shapes, this is definitely welcome along with the new rear brake, ics3, seat clamp, etc. I'll imagine that this brings competitiveness with all the other superbike offerings or very very close, even with traditional cockpit. With a Ventus and aero brake setup, you'd be giving up next to nothing
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Allez is indeed an awesome bike on paper. $550 is about 33-40% less than the competition too - Felt FA and Caad10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The S2 Rival at $3200 is interesting.

No S1 seems silly.

Really would like to see a Force P3.

My $0.02.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo 2011 [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll imagine that this brings competitiveness with all the other superbike offerings or very very close, even with traditional cockpit. With a Ventus and aero brake setup, you'd be giving up next to nothing

You sure about this? I don't know the Shiv and SC have some impressive numbers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next