Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any even more intriguing question......What brand of mountain bike do you ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe something Canadian? A Rocky Mountain?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! The Lefty makes it even more super cool.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JollyRogers wrote:
Chuck Finley wrote:
If anything was rendered "obsolete" by cervelo, then cervelo would win races.

Like the 70.3 champs? We do know what the Vegas/Kona champ rode when he chose a bike absent sponsorship considerations...

Or one of his sponsors *cough* all3sports(dot)com *cough* gave him a bike to ride. <not pink>

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for coming here and giving your side

One thing you didn't touch on is why are some dealers not giving the rebate and why are some dealers so mad at Cervelo that they are calling customers at home? (other thread)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [Jackb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackb wrote:
Thanks for coming here and giving your side

One thing you didn't touch on is why are some dealers not giving the rebate and why are some dealers so mad at Cervelo that they are calling customers at home? (other thread)

Gerard has stated that he doesn't know the details of the "Share the Ride" deal (I find that VERY interesting). So do you think that he is going to know why dealers don't like the deal that he admits that he doesn't know anything about?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
JollyRogers wrote:
Chuck Finley wrote:
If anything was rendered "obsolete" by cervelo, then cervelo would win races.

Like the 70.3 champs? We do know what the Vegas/Kona champ rode when he chose a bike absent sponsorship considerations...

Or one of his sponsors *cough* all3sports(dot)com *cough* gave him a bike to ride. <not pink>

All3sports sells Argon 18, Blue, Cervelo, Kestrel, Quintana Roo, and Scott brands, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard, I have 3 Cervelo's and look to add a 4th to the stable. No matter the business end of the company, as long as you continue to produce a superior product people will buy it. Thank you for making everyone in the tri niche to get a little better, it is promoting great strides in the sport and only helps everyone to grow in the long run.

Quote | Reply
Austin Tri -
Cringe worthy on so many levels. My eyes, my eyes. Aero road frame, ungodly lefty fork, throw in some Mavic crossmax and you've got an abomination!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [ErnieK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually the only Cervelo MTB in the world (that I know of).

I believe Gerard used to ride it.
Its the coolest bike I own (out of many)

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tip o the Cap. Appreciate that you have engaged with your public and set the record straight, as you are able.

Someone said things tend to work out best when players- play, coaches-coach and owners-own ... seems you have done what many smart businessmen have done quite successfully: to also include let managers-manage, innovators-innovate, brand builders-build brands or let financiers- finance. Congratulations.

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [guadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"I think Cervelo is under no obligation to explain the dynamics of their arrangement with their dealers to us customers.

And with all due respect, I find it a little tasteless to keep hounding them on this subject. If you are a retailer, there are other channels for taking it up with them than a consumer-centric forum."

Of course Cervelo is under no obligation to tell me anything. The Share the Ride deal is not exactly a secret given the wide email distribution and the buzz on this forum. It is also not exactly a secret that this deal has not been universally well received by the LBS dealers. Gerard came on to "set the record straight" and mostly addressed the questions and concerns posted on this forum over the last couple of days. He did not address the questions I posed and that is why I asked. Seems pretty straightforward.

I'm not a retailer, but rather a consumer. If I were a retailer, I'd likely already know all the details on the promotion? So, as a consumer, on a "consumer-centric forum," I am still interested in knowing how the LBS handles the frameset compensation. I am/was all set to buy a P2 on the promotion until I actually spoke with a dealer who was, at best, less than enthused with the deal. Then I hear/read about LBS' declining to participate in the promotion because it is bad for their business. I'd like to know why. I like having brick and mortar shops and won't participate in deals, promotions, specials or sales that hurt their ability to pay their bills. I'm NOT saying that is what is happening with the Share the Ride program, but there are indications that it might be the case. Thats why I asked here and in other threads. I assumed that asking "The Man" when it comes to Cervelo might clear it up, but that appears to not be the case.

I'll leave it for others to decide exactly which parts of all of this discussion are, as you say, "tasteless."
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AustinTriCyclst wrote:
It's actually the only Cervelo MTB in the world (that I know of).

I believe Gerard used to ride it.
Its the coolest bike I own (out of many)

There was this from a couple of years back...

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
But mine is real.

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Last edited by: AustinTriCyclst: Dec 30, 11 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only one thing to say: bring back the anodized cervelo soloist! (even if it's just size 51)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [cincytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just ask the LBS? If they are bummed on it, I'm sure they would tell you why....

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would do that if I were anywhere close to the shop. I probably will ask next time I am back home visiting my parents. Probably won't be for some time though. When I was in the shop, the guy was not pleased about the $5k frame compensation as he would have trouble selling the frame. Forgot to ask if he could or would sell the frame for less than MSRP.

Why can't one of the many Cervelo dealers that frequent this forum just answer the question? Or for that matter, one of the co-founders of the company?

IMHO, if Cervelo makes the LBS sell the frame at MSRP, then its a bum deal. If the LBS can build and sell the frame however it sees fit, then this is a deal that everyone **should** be able to get behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - actual facts [cincytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure one of the dealers probably will...

But as for Gerard, if you asked an engineer at my company about the logistics of our last sale, they wouldn't have a clue what to tell you. Much the same as Bill Gates wouldn't be able to speak about the logistics of a Microsoft sale. Different people handle those kinds of details. My partner for example would not be able to speak to any kind of sales we are having....he's simply not in every loop of the company....that would be impossible.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team