Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo - What happened to them?
Quote | Reply
What happened to them?! I haven’t bought a new bike in 10 years. Looking to get a new Cervelo as that is what I have been riding and am comfortable with it. However, I can’t find any retailers that actually even sell Cervelo, or have any in stock? They used to be everywhere. Now they are nowhere. Their distribution strategy has become terrible. Is Cervelo on its way out? And am I better off buying a different brand? Otherwise, where can I actually buy a Cervelo?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inside out sports dot com

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

Can't buy Cervelo's online though.

This item is available for In-Store-Pickup only.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS down the street in Little Rock sells them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you live?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

Even Insideoutsports doesn’t have many in stock. Also, It seems like Cervelo’s policy is that you can’t buy their bikes online. If that is really the case, That just adds to what already seems to be a terrIble distribution strategy, particularly in today’s day and age
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [justridingalong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justridingalong wrote:
Where do you live?

In Los Angeles. Any suggestions?

You can’t buy them online?!?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Lab or Incycle...Serious Cycling is a good shop too...depending where you are in LA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check your local Lamborghini dealership.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justridingalong wrote:
Triathlon Lab or Incycle...Serious Cycling is a good shop too...depending where you are in LA.

Ok, thx. Will check out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking for?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justridingalong wrote:

Bike Effect in Santa Monica too

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cervelo.com has a find a retailer button

https://retailers.cervelo.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [mikedonia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mikedonia wrote:

Thanks. But most of their retailers are out of stock or otherwise don’t carry their bikes.

And there are so few retailers and the ones listed seem to be out of the way, I guess Cervelo is not what they once were.

Also baffles me that you cannot buy their bikes online, or it otherwise is difficult to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moxie Multisport in Scottsdale, all daaaaaaaay long.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:

There's an idea. I have a lambo dealer just a few blocks away. I'll take my p5X in there and ask if "they have one of these in yellow" see what they say.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:

Also baffles me that you cannot buy their bikes online, or it otherwise is difficult to do so.

That is not unique to Cervelo. There are many bike brands that you can't buy online.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:

heyooooo!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:
I haven’t bought a new bike in 10 years. Looking to get a new Cervelo as that is what I have been riding and am comfortable with it.

A new Cervelo will be nothing like your old one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you just making an observation or really wanting a bike?? You've had a Cervelo retailer respond in this thread to your inquiry who might be able to help you. Maybe you should respond to that invitation if you actually want a bike.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jul 12, 18 18:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:
What happened to them?! I haven’t bought a new bike in 10 years. Looking to get a new Cervelo as that is what I have been riding and am comfortable with it. However, I can’t find any retailers that actually even sell Cervelo, or have any in stock? They used to be everywhere. Now they are nowhere. Their distribution strategy has become terrible. Is Cervelo on its way out? And am I better off buying a different brand? Otherwise, where can I actually buy a Cervelo?

What bike are you looking for? Which shops have you been to? Someone else listed a few in the LA area, if I understand your post correctly, you're saying none of them have the ability to sell you what you're looking for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve always rode Cervelo since I’ve started however once they got bought by PON it seems they haven’t been as ahead as they used to be.
Or they’re too early to the game and make some crucial mistakes.

Issues currently for them.

- S5 doesn’t have disc brakes. I’m not in the disk brake bandwagon but when everyone else’s top bikes have it now it looks bad.

- C3/C5 had good forward thought on the bikes but didn’t think through the clearance enough and everyone else blew by them on tire clearance. Same thing happened on the p4, they designed it right when wide rims were coming to market and killed the sales of it.

- P2/P3/P5 same issue as the s5. Not disc brakes on any tri bike besides the p5x. Beam bikes have never sold well. The idea is in theory solid but they should have released these with discs at the same time. People want a double diamond frame that is ridden by the pros it’s just the way it is.

I also believe there was an issue with how much dealers had to buy to stay as dealer and some of them might have said screw it. Talking to one of my friends who owns a bike store they also have really low margins on Cervelo comparatively.

For me they went away from long and low which jacks up my position. So I’ll be looking at a different company next most likely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobike wrote:
mikedonia wrote:

Thanks. But most of their retailers are out of stock or otherwise don’t carry their bikes.

And there are so few retailers and the ones listed seem to be out of the way, I guess Cervelo is not what they once were.

You used to be able to get them anywhere but nowadays the retailer carrier hardly any. Incycle used to be a big Cervelo retailer but now they're all about Cannondale, Specialized and Pinnarello.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo - What happened to them? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Are you just making an observation or really wanting a bike?? You've had a Cervelo retailer respond in this thread to your inquiry who might be able to help you. Maybe you should respond to that invitation if you actually want a bike.

I am really looking to get a bike. I’m sorry, I missed - and still don’t see - the Cervelo retailer you mentioned that responded to my inquiry. Who is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post # 11...he is very responsive, knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next