Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo, Softride how do they do it?
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P2K, Softride how do they do it? Both these brands allow you move the saddle forward to achieve a steep angel. Is this not the same as moving your saddle forward on a road geometry frame? Does it not start to handle poorly the more forward you go?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo, Softride how do they do it? [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(1) You answered your question in the second sentence.

(2) Yes

(3) It handles differently. I wouldn't call it poor. It is something you quickly and easily get used to. I rode a Softride Roadwing for years that was set-up with about an 81-82 degree seat angle. There was a lot of weight on the front wheel which made handling a little quick. It got me through 3 ironmans and a lot of other races and training rides with nary a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo, Softride how do they do it? [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P2K is designed around the 78 degree seat angle.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo, Softride how do they do it? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a big difference (in terms of handling) between taking a standarad 74 deg road bike and using a forward seat post to achieve 78 deg, and taking a 78 deg TT frame and flipping the seatpost back to achieve 74 deg (as you can with a Cervelo).

That's how they do it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo, Softride how do they do it? [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To quote a former poster

It's not *OPTIMIZED*!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo, Softride how do they do it? [saroehrborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And to elaborate a bit:

A road bike doesn't handle as well as a steep-angled bike b/c the front & rear wheels are positioned further back relative to the rider's center of mass. A Tri/TT bike moves the wheels further forward by shorten the chainstays and shallowing the fork angle to allow for less reative handling.

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply