Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CeramicSpeed for SRAM DUB
Quote | Reply
I have noticed that the CeramicSpeed Bottom BracketS for DUB seem to use a black plastic liner where the spindle goes in. In other variants like 30mm you can clearly see the inner metal part of the bearing. With DUB there is a black plastic cover for the outside of the bearing and the hole for the spindle.

Why is the spindle encased in plastic and how do you actually service the bearings? This set up does not correspond with anything in their service videos.

Thanks, Felix
Quote Reply
Re: CeramicSpeed for SRAM DUB [Feehliks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feehliks wrote:
I have noticed that the CeramicSpeed Bottom BracketS for DUB seem to use a black plastic liner where the spindle goes in. In other variants like 30mm you can clearly see the inner metal part of the bearing. With DUB there is a black plastic cover for the outside of the bearing and the hole for the spindle.

Why is the spindle encased in plastic and how do you actually service the bearings? This set up does not correspond with anything in their service videos.

Thanks, Felix

They are using 30mm ID bearings. The plastic bushings reduce the ID to the 28.99mm DUB spindle diameter.
Quote Reply
Re: CeramicSpeed for SRAM DUB [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, is that a good thing and how do I get these bushings off to get to the bearing for maintenance?
Last edited by: Feehliks: Jul 6, 20 4:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's neither good nor bad. Just a design choice.

BTW what maintenence are you performing on sealed bearings?
Quote Reply
Re: CeramicSpeed for SRAM DUB [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
It's neither good nor bad. Just a design choice.

BTW what maintenence are you performing on sealed bearings?

They say from time to time you should take off the dust cover and put some fresh grease in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that it the manufacturer recommended procedure then I am not going to try and disuade you, but it is my experiance that most bike shops don't have the proper tools or knowledge to remove a seal on a sealed bearing without damaging it, much less the average bike owner.
Quote Reply
Re: CeramicSpeed for SRAM DUB [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picking a seal from a bearing is just not a difficult thing to do.
Quote Reply