Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018?
Quote | Reply
The Ceepo marketing team stated their Shadow-R would be in Kona this year. I don't think it did. Anything new with this unusual design?

Last edited by: Billyk24: Oct 16, 18 15:46
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw an age grouper on one. Did a double take, it was definitely a shadow-r
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
The Ceepo marketing team stated their Shadow-R would be in Kona this year. I don't think it did. Anything new with this unusual design?

i saw one at the race, pre-race, riding around. don't know who was on it. isn't potts ceepo? wonder why he wasn't on it. i really like that bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mareen Hufe was on the version with the normal fork.

Potts was on the old bike
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Tanaka, the Ceepo owner from Japan, rode his yellow Shadow-R. M60-64 and was kitted out in bright yellow, so probably the one who was seen.

Keren
https://www.triathlonintokyo.org/
https://quintanarootri.com/ https://en-jp.wahoofitness.com/ https://www.worldtriathlonstore.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [Tri-K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-K wrote:
Joe Tanaka, the Ceepo owner from Japan, rode his yellow Shadow-R. M60-64 and was kitted out in bright yellow, so probably the one who was seen.

ah. okay. well, if you know him tell him i dig his bike. and i don't dig very many bikes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Billyk24 wrote:

i saw one at the race, pre-race, riding around. don't know who was on it. isn't potts ceepo? wonder why he wasn't on it. i really like that bike.

Potts was on a new ceepo, but not the one with the unusual fork. I think it is the same bike but with a traditional fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Billyk24 wrote:

Potts was on a new ceepo, but not the one with the unusual fork. I think it is the same bike but with a traditional fork.

i'd rather be on the old ceepo with the new fork. the fork is the sizzle.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pottts was on the old bike. Viper R vs. Shadow R
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. The innovation in that bike is the fork, not the beam frame.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'd rather be on the old ceepo with the new fork. the fork is the sizzle.

But how do you get it into a bike box?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Tri-K wrote:

ah. okay. well, if you know him tell him i dig his bike. and i don't dig very many bikes.

Ceepo must have had at least a couple working versions because I saw one riding around town during the race on Saturday. The fork is very cool.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Oct 15, 18 21:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

No worries. I will let Joe know that the next time I see him. Won't be long.

Keren
https://www.triathlonintokyo.org/
https://quintanarootri.com/ https://en-jp.wahoofitness.com/ https://www.worldtriathlonstore.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had to bet, I'd say that the Shadow-R will be on sale sometime in the first half of 2019. Ceepo does its own manufacturing in addition to quite a bit of contract manufacturing IIRC.
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did not know this! Are they made in Japan?
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My coach Rick Lapinski of L3 Endurance rode the Shadow R to a 4:46 split in M35-39. He is sponsored by Ceepo and is the guy in all their wind tunnel marketing pics.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Oct 16, 18 5:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fork is something, for sure.

Andy was on one earlier in the week, but raced the old bike. I'm guessing it was just a matter of him getting enough saddle time to feel comfortable on it in advance (IIRC, he did the same thing with the SuperSlice prototype when he was with Cannondale and rode the older bike on race day).

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.ceepo.com/2012/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Catalog_CEEPO_2019_Web_v4.pdf (13mb pdf)
Ceepo is claiming "Fastest bike out of the wind tunnel", which probably isn't the most ludicrous claim depending on the type of testing they did. I know the hype has kind of died down around this one but any chance someone has gotten their hands on one?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 10, 19 20:11
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode in one unit testing it in an open wood track for Notio (versus Shadow*) and in velodrome it is slightly faster.

Also I wrote a small review for Revista Triatlon (Spain)

https://www.triatlonweb.es/...-ninguna-hace-sombra
Last edited by: luarca: Jan 11, 19 0:00
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not exactly the same frame. The one with the normal fork is wider.

cyclenutnz wrote:
Mareen Hufe was on the version with the normal fork.

Potts was on the old bike
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [luarca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wider in what way? They look the same and it would be costlier to have two molds for each size

Edit: nvm, I see the cutout around the front wheel is completely different
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Jan 11, 19 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

BigBoyND wrote:
Wider in what way? They look the same and it would be costlier to have two molds for each size

The Shadow-R Fork needs more room behind it.

Quote Reply
Re: Ceepo Shadow-R didn't make it to Kona this year? Will it make it to the retail market in 2018? [luarca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really makes me wonder, when seeing pics of P5x and Ceepo bikes, why that’s in the rules but a recumbent isn't.

Yes, pink.

It’s cool, looks like a Tron bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since it's a different mold/frame, I wonder why they kept the leading edge of the front wheel cutout so wide/blunt. Looks like to be aero, the fork needs to be pointed perfectly straight and I'm not sure how well that holds for most triathletes.

Otherwise I really like this design!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Otherwise I really like this design!

It’s interesting because I generally think the P5X is horrifically unattractive yet I think this Ceepo is a pretty good looking bike. Not sure I can pin down the differences in what changes the aesthetic, but I could see myself on a Ceepo.

Prev Next