Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon road bars and clip on aero bars
Quote | Reply
Exploring my options for a mostly hilly double century in 2021. I plan to use my road bike and like the vibration, road shock of the carbon road bars, but not sure I can use clip on aero bars. There are some flat or gentle sections on the course where aero bars would be useful.

Does anyone know of carbon road bars that will accept aero bars without damaging the road bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon road bars and clip on aero bars [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The PRO Vibe line of road bars (the round version, not the Aero) are clip-on compatible

~ Doug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager makes a bar in XXX for that purpose.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vision makes an aero road bar that you can bolt clip on bars to but then also remove them if necessary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enve makes two products that work together: their carbon aero ses road handlebar and a clip on aero bar that is compatible with their aero ses road bar shape.
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Dec 20, 20 20:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Bum wrote:
Exploring my options for a mostly hilly double century in 2021. I plan to use my road bike and like the vibration, road shock of the carbon road bars, but not sure I can use clip on aero bars. There are some flat or gentle sections on the course where aero bars would be useful.

Does anyone know of carbon road bars that will accept aero bars without damaging the road bars?

Another less commonly mentioned option is Deda Elementi , I think it’s called the Vinci

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they are round then you have many options for clipons. Profile Design makes clipons that don't cost an arm and a leg. 1 thing you can do to protect the bars is to put a thin strip of rubber that is the same width as the clipons on the bar before putting them on.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is an interesting option . . .

https://www.haero-carbon.com/en/shop/handlebars/h155-limited

I have the ENVE + aerobar, but don't really care for it because it takes away the top of handlebar position.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon road bars and clip on aero bars [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
This is an interesting option . . .

https://www.haero-carbon.com/en/shop/handlebars/h155-limited

I have the ENVE + aerobar, but don't really care for it because it takes away the top of handlebar position.

Your description above, is it in reference to the ENVE SES aero road handle bar and Enve SES Aero Clip-On?
Quote Reply