Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon plated race shoe for overpronator?
Quote | Reply
My fiance is looking to get some carbon plates shoes for race day. She is a bit of an overpronator and really disliked Hoka's Rocket X. She tried on the endorphins and also did not find much stability there at all.

Any suggestions for a race day shoe that provides a little stability for an overpronator? Or is that kind of defeating the whole purpose of the fancy carbon plate?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon plated race shoe for overpronator? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a pretty significant pronator and actually find the Hoka Carbon Rocket X far more comfortable than the Next% at least. I'll still race in the Next% for now but once I get a chance to try the Endorphin Pros and the Adios Pro's I'll be looking for any chance to drop the Nikes. I'm thinking there probably isn't a universal solution to this one unfortunately.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shoe she is looking for is .......it depends.

She can rule out the Brooks shoe though.

The Hoka, Adidas, Asics and Saucony seem to offer the biggest shoe/ground contact patch.

That being said it's going to come down to personal opinion and which feels the best when running in them

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's race only, probably matters less. I'm overpronate quite a bit as I'm bowlegged and flat footed on top of that. I raced in Next% without issue up to marathon. They feel very unstable walking but when running, not really a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon plated race shoe for overpronator? [jkuo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I underpronate quite a bit and race in the vaporfly. When I’m not running in them, it gees like a hazard to walk in them. Lol. They are stable at speed but feel like marshmallows every time else

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply