Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon fiber wheel repair
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem? I have a corima disc wheel (carbon fiber), and there is a small (1 cm long x 1-2mm deep) chip at the junction between the flat part of the side of the wheel and where the tire sits (I guess the edge of the rim). I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on if this sounds like a serious problem and where I might be able to get it repaired. So far, one of the only options I've found out about would be to send the wheel to corima in France, but I'm guessing that the shipping charge overseas and the repair charge might be more than just getting another used disc here, or a cheaper disc. So, does anyone know of carbon fiber repair places in the U.S. for wheels, and perhaps what kind of charge I might be looking at? Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber wheel repair [bde4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the bunnyman. He had a thread--last posted yesterday afterday 5 something p.m.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber wheel repair [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber wheel repair [bde4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would investigate how much it would cost to have Corima repair it.

If that is too much money, send me pics and I will try to advise as best as possible. It is probably not that hard for you to do yourself. I would only advise this if it is too expensive to repair/crash replace.

Please note that any repair not performed by the factory will void ANY waranty you have with the wheel. Keep that in mind before you consider any repair.
Quote Reply