Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon fiber frame repair
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had a frame repaired? Who did you use and how did they do?
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber frame repair [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://ruckuscomp.com/

I have sent 6 bikes to them they do perfect work.

https://ruckuscomp.com/getarepair

Just go here ^^^^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crashed my TT bike and sent it off to Calfee in CA. They gave me a warrantee on the repair for at least 5 years too. Great work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
Has anyone had a frame repaired? Who did you use and how did they do?

Len Lochmiller - SD, California area. This guy is compete magic. Check out his Facebook page to see his work with cars and bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber frame repair [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
https://ruckuscomp.com/

I have sent 6 bikes to them they do perfect work.

https://ruckuscomp.com/getarepair

Just go here ^^^^
I reached out to them and Calfee yesterday. Ruckus responded straight away. I'm glad to see a favorable review and that's what I was hoping to find with my post. It's my dream bike and a new frame isn't in the cards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also a shout out to BrokenCarbon.com - run by a guy I've known a long time, and great work as well.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a repaired from from a guy on Facebook to play with and it lasted 3 years before I gave it away.

Then a friend poked a major hole in his P5 and I sent it to the same guy to repair and repaint and you can’t tell it was damaged.

Just bought my third frame (De Rosa SK Pininfarina) from him (literally just messaged him to see if he had any repaired frames in my size).

He offers a lifetime warranty and does incredible paint jobs.

Look him up on Facebook as Cyclocarbon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a local guy just outside of Chicago. If you are by any chance residing in the Chicago land area shoot me a message.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber frame repair [speed856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speed856 wrote:
I bought a repaired from from a guy on Facebook to play with and it lasted 3 years before I gave it away.

Then a friend poked a major hole in his P5 and I sent it to the same guy to repair and repaint and you can’t tell it was damaged.

Just bought my third frame (De Rosa SK Pininfarina) from him (literally just messaged him to see if he had any repaired frames in my size).

He offers a lifetime warranty and does incredible paint jobs.

Look him up on Facebook as Cyclocarbon

x2

I love his paint jobs!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for Ruckus. They're local for me - did a fantastic job on repairing the headset on my Felt!
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber frame repair [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 4 or 5 frames to get repaired, what are some of you all's costs on these repairs? I cant find anything, or even a range. Need to know at what point it just isn't worth it. I'm in LA county too, so the San Diego connection could be good..I would imagine a large part of costs could be in the two way shipping charges..
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon fiber frame repair [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I have 4 or 5 frames to get repaired, what are some of you all's costs on these repairs? I cant find anything, or even a range. Need to know at what point it just isn't worth it. I'm in LA county too, so the San Diego connection could be good..I would imagine a large part of costs could be in the two way shipping charges..

I've sent a lot of frames for repair, and they seem to be in the range of $350-$800 depending on the complexity of the repair/paint (or lack thereof). The shipping is usually $35-$40 if uninsured, though Calfee charges a flat rate of $65 for "shipping and handling" so return shipping from them is usually more expensive than Ruckus at least. If you're not someone who builds your own bikes, a good amount of money is going to the labor for the bike to get stripped, packaged, and re-built. If you don't have to do any of this, you should be looking at maybe $400-$900 per frame all-in.
Quote Reply