Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon Fork Upgrade????
Quote | Reply
I have been thinking about upgrading my bike to a new carbon fork and would like some opinions as which way to go. I bought my QR TeQuilo back in 1998 and loaded it pretty well for a bike at that time – Dura ace and a fork QR called the Illuminaero. It has been a very good bike and has gotten me through 4 IMs and a lot of other tris with virtually no problems. I am still a year or 2 away from a new bike (college tuition payments seem to have priority over toys for dad). My question is would a new carbon fork make much difference?

Rich G

Rich G.
Proud member of the Geritol wave!
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Fork Upgrade???? [RichG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, the Illuminaero, forrunner of the Carbonaero. I had that one, great forks but HEAVY. Yours might be 2 pounds! I'd say it's time for an upgrade. Check out the other post on fast forks and look at the link for anylitic cycling. You'll see that there are some good options with the Reynolds leading the list. If you check the Reynolds websight, you'll see that they now have a Ouzo Comp Aero. Same as the Pro with a aluminum crown and steerer. Much less $$$, it will help you go fast while saving some money for those tuition bills

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Fork Upgrade???? [RichG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to respond to your specific question - No, I don't think a carbon fork will make that much of a difference for a tri bike. However, if you do get a new one make sure the rake is appropriate for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Fork Upgrade???? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how do I know what rake is appropriate for me?

Rich G.
Proud member of the Geritol wave!
Quote Reply