Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon shifter tightness
Quote | Reply
Alright, what am I missing here? My aerobar keeps moving around on me even though I am tightening it to recommended force. Where is the correct bolt to be tightening so my bad doesn’t keep turning on me? Aero bars are profile design.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon shifter tightness [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have successfully cracked the base bar…unfortunately. Remove the profile clamps and have a look…if the paint/coating on the outside of the basebar(H40?) looks chipped or cracked it’s a good sign they are done for (you can peel back the chips and expose the carbon where it will be self evident).

I have had the same thing happen to me with the same slipping / dislodging aero bar and I was certain I was using the correct torque spec too - using an actual calibrated torque wrench. I’ve since replaced the base bar with a zipp vuka alloy type.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon shifter tightness [Yutaka Sonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks good to be. Obviously some scratches but it doesn’t look cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here’s what mine looked like
Last edited by: Yutaka Sonik: Jun 26, 22 6:18
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon shifter tightness [Yutaka Sonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yikes. I will dig down again tomorrow and see but just real quick I didn't see anything I would think was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharkbait22 wrote:
Alright, what am I missing here? My aerobar keeps moving around on me even though I am tightening it to recommended force. Where is the correct bolt to be tightening so my bad doesn’t keep turning on me? Aero bars are profile design.

Are you saying your base bars are rotating in your stem? If so, try a little carbon paste and tighten to spec.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon shifter tightness [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the base bar but the profile design t4 clip ons that go on the base bar. Although that solution will work I would assume
Quote Reply