Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Ultimate Size
Quote | Reply
Thinking about buying a Canyon Ultimate. I am 5’10†and I always used a size M bike (54cm). Usually I am between 54 and 56, but per Canyon I am a size S.

Any Canyon owner can share their experience about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate Size [rebiker17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have a fit calculator on their web site that you should try. And then call them. They are very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon's size M is actually a 56.

rebiker17 wrote:
Thinking about buying a Canyon Ultimate. I am 5’10†and I always used a size M bike (54cm). Usually I am between 54 and 56, but per Canyon I am a size S.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate Size [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the fit calculator says S.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate Size [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:

Yes, it is a bit confusing. But not sure if the size s would be my perfect fit...cranks 170... looks to me like a S/M combination bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out this tool. Compare your old bike and see how stack and reach are different

https://geometrygeeks.bike/

rebiker17 wrote:
trailerhouse wrote:

Yes, it is a bit confusing. But not sure if the size s would be my perfect fit...cranks 170... looks to me like a S/M combination bike.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to throw another thought in here.... There are Ultimates for sale with a "cockpit" - that is to say a custom, molded, OEM, stem/bar combo - one might even exalt to call it a "super bike" and then there are "mortal bikes" in the Ultimate line that use a normal, everyday, common stem - that you could swap out with ease to help make your fit perfect. In my mind that has a big impact on the choice.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They seem to run large from my research/single data point. I'm 6'3" have a Large Endurace that nets out to about what 58-60cm frames for most other manufacturers make (my other bikes are a 58cm/XL Felt IA and a 60cm Trek Madone from 2010). Their 2XL frame must be massive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rebiker17 wrote:

I'm 5'10", 32.5 inseam, and I have a small. Fits perfectly - unless you have long legs the M will probably leave little seatpost exposed. Plus you go from the smaller handlebar width to the next size, which having a M inflite, is a bit too wide.

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate Size [ChasingPB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

What a coincidence! I am 5'10" and 32.5 inseam. Do you have the Ultimate model?
I'm 5'10", 32.5 inseam, and I have a small. Fits perfectly - unless you have long legs the M will probably leave little seatpost exposed. Plus you go from the smaller handlebar width to the next size, which having a M inflite, is a bit too wide.[/quote]
Thank you guys for all your help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rebiker17 wrote:

Do you know what stack and reach you need?
Sizes 54, 56, S, M & L are all pretty vague and unhelpful if you have a decent idea already what fits you. If you already have a bike, and your happywith it or know what needs to change; I'd use that as a starting point. Knowimg what other people your height use can't be relied on as much as you may wish.

However, if you really want anecdotes.
I'm 1.78m (5'10") with about 835-840mm inseam. I got a size M Ultimate CF SL in 2014 and have been very happy with the size ever since. It was definitely the right choice. I remember when I was searching, there were several bikes I considered with very similar stack and reach. Some were 54, some 56. Use stack and reach or a geometry go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'9" and just picked up an Aeroad size small. It fits and feels great. I was previously on a 54.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also your same height, and I'd go with a size Small as well...

You could also most likely fit on the medium, and resale would probably be easier on the medium too, so that's a consideration.
Quote Reply