Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Speedmax CF 7 Disc
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of ordering the Canyon CF 7 Disc. I was wondering if anyone else had one and what you thought about it. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 Disc [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one at the end of last year. I had ridden a roadie with bars for a few years but got one for first IM race. In terms of value for money I couldn't do any better, Concerns I had before taking the plunge was fit and servicing. For a start I gave my numbers to Ian on the forum here to get sizing right. The service I got from Canyon was good. I have a local independent bike workshop where I leave that I could take it to for any servicing.
In terms of the bike I am really happy with it. Originally I was going to get di2 but I was honest with myself in the fact that any small time gains that could have given me would easily be blown elsewhere due to other reasons. I decided that I could spend that extra money elsewhere like aero helmet etc and could always upgrade later. I did a bit of research on the Ultegra version and differences but couldn't really see any real reason myself to get the Ultegra, taking into account that I may upgrade at some point. Someone may be able to offer opinions on the Reynolds wheels vs the DT Swiss wheels on the 8.
The disc brakes are a bit finicky to get right if you have to take the wheels off for any reason. Otherwise I think a top level frame and features you get are pretty good for the money. You could get the non disc version slightly cheaper but I took the approach of future proofing and the fact you can upgrade components but not frame.
That was pretty much what my thinking was when going through the buying process and I was pleased when I got the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 Disc [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got the etap version about 3 months ago ... love it
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax CF 7 Disc [ilikewater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t get the yellow one because that’s what I have and I like to be able to find my bike in transition haha. But on a side note I love it.
Quote Reply