Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Seat pole wear issues
Quote | Reply
Looking at getting the new Canyon aero but concerned about the seat post , does anyone have thoughts ?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Seat pole wear issues [Jacer0082] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven’t they suspended supply of them, so if you’re looking at getting one, it’s going to have whatever mods they are doing to cure it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you haven't done so already, you may want to have a look at the thread on the weightweenies forum and the discussion on the Canyon owners Facebook group about this subject.

If it were me, I would wait to see how Canyon is going to resolve this issue and how they take care of those who have already purchased the bike before I would think about buying one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone favourite swearing enthusiast Hambini has done a video about it.

It's basically due to the weird seatpost shape meaning the bolt clamps on the thinnest part and it flexes back and forth a bit, causing the wear.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Seat pole wear issues [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So has Peak Torque.

It is clear there will be no perfect solution to such a flawed concept without redesigning frame/seattube and seatpost. Any solution that effectively stops the wear and tear on the seatpost will also significantly hinder compliance and comfort. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Quote Reply