Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Bikes
Quote | Reply
Are the weights posted on the canyon website true? They all just seem too be so light. I mean one of their models the ultimate cf slx8.0 with training wheels only weight 7.0Kg!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Bikes [jacobpeacock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tolerance of +/-0.2kg (maybe leaning towards the +) but I doubt it's far off. It wasn't when I got my Ultimate CF SL9.0 a few years ago.

ETA: I just had a look at the bike and the wheels are Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon UST. Not exactly "training wheels" in my book, although I'd rather a deeper rim. You could save a little weight with very lightweight shallow rims, but not a huge amount as I think these stock wheels are only 1650g to start with. Canyon generally put much better stock wheels on their bikes than other manufacturers. It's one of the things I think makes them good value. You might find Mavic Aksiums on some of their cheapest bikes, but most have pretty high spec wheels for a stock build.
Last edited by: Ai_1: Aug 1, 19 23:45
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Bikes [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also listed 7kg on some models with similar to aksium wheels. It's an ultegra di2 though. Still kinda surprised of the weight haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another model with heavier wheels and a lighter groupset may well weigh similar. Don't know.
Regardless, I doubt they're making up dramatically inaccurate figures. Canyon bikes have always been pretty light compared to the competition for a similar cost. When I was looking previously, it was clear where the weight was achieved just by comparing build spec.

My older 2014 Canyon CF SL 9.0 was supposed to weigh 6.9kg for a medium IIRC, I once weighed mine (a medium) at about 7.4kg with pedals and bottle cages fitted but otherwise stock. That would be pretty close. It came with Ksyrium Elite wheels (1550g I think) and Ultegra 6800 groupset. I think the 2014 SL frame is at least a couple of hundred grams heavier than the current SLX. So a current SLX frame with a DI groupset, marginally heavier wheels and slightly lighter frame should be in the vicinity of 7kg I reckon.

I don't think you've any major reason to be suspicious.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Bikes [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I think the low price is what made me most suspicious. But it kinda makes sense because they sell it directly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you ride on a trainer, be sure you are aware of their policy regarding that; as with a lot of other manufacturer's. I was going to buy a Canyon next, but that's a deal breaker for me.
Quote Reply