Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon’s Stefan Keul Dies in Cycling Accident
Quote | Reply
I’ve known Canyon’s central figures, and have considered them my friends, since before the Canyon brand existed. Those familiar with this company, and these people, know how small Canyon feels relative to how large it is, because it’s about the work, the people, the mission, the depth of care for the passion and for each other. That brand is a family, and Canyon Bicycles lost a member of its family last week.

Stefan Keul died following an accident while riding in the South Tyrol region of Italy on Sunday, the 7th of April. He began with Canyon in 2011 as a Production Mechanic. He stood out for his passion and attention to detail, and the athletes in his care were the beneficiaries. Stefan moved into Pro Sports Management in 2015 and finally to Canyon Triathlon Pro Sport Manager.

It was in this capacity that I spent time with Stefan a few months ago. He flew halfway around the world to help Lionel Sanders acclimate to his new bicycles. We met at the L.A. Velodrome. That building had, I’m sure, more prima donna bike fitters in attendance than at any single time in its existence. Stefan put up with us all, with patience and grace. He simply did his work, with excellence, without ego. I can’t imagine the hole Stefan’s passing has left in the organization, professionally and personally. A number of us at Slowtwitch met and spent time with Stefan, and we stand with the Canyon Family.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon’s Stefan Keul Dies in Cycling Accident [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sad. Sorry to read this.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon’s Stefan Keul Dies in Cycling Accident [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrible to hear about this. Coming home with the rubber side down, we generally take for granted! It sounds like his fingerprints are all on the bikes that STers are riding!
Quote Reply