Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannot Change Crank length for Vector 3 in Edge 1030/Iphone Connect
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have been using an EDGE 1030 and Vector 3 combo with 172.5 mm cranks for a long time. I cracked a crank. The LBS gave me loaner 170 mm cranks.

I noticed on last ride my wattage was off (I hadn’t realized the cranks were 170mm)

Ok, so I want to reset my crank length.

In the edge 1030 I can get to the sensor but when I press crank length it just blinks, I cannot edit it. I deleted the sensor and re-added the V3. Same thing. I cannot edit it

I am in Sensors ->The V3 -> Sensor Details -> Crank length. I click on Crank Length and it highlights but no edit screen.

So I tried in connect on my Iphone. I got the sensor, changed it to 170, backed out and back in - it’s 170. Great.

However, Then when I synch the Phone to the Edge, hoping it will set crank length on the edge the phone reverts to 172.5 and the edge remains 172.5.

I have removed sensors and re-added on both devices. The Edge simply won’t take 170 and seems to “overpower” the phone.

I haven’t factory reset the edge yet - is that the next step? Any other suggestions?

Sometimes I hate Garmin
Quote Reply
Re: Cannot Change Crank length for Vector 3 in Edge 1030/Iphone Connect [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One other tidbit it says

Crank Length : Manual 172.5 on the Edge 1030

Maybe “manual” is a clue
Quote Reply