Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race
Quote | Reply
Just received an email from Ironman (Eagleman) about receiving an discount on my next race (in 2019) because of the swim cancellation that happened at Eagleman. Has anyone else received such a discount for other race cancellations? I was one of the unlucky souls that was at IMTahoe when it was completely cancelled and they gave us a discounted registration at certain races and that same year I was at IM Florida when the swim was cancelled but didn't receive any discount for another race.

Really just wondering if this is something from Ironman or something from the eagleman RD.
Quote Reply
Re: Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got one for Texas 70.3 back in April when they stopped the race due to a large storm that rolled through Galveston. The voucher was for $100 off a future race in 2019...I signed up for Boulder 70.3 in August.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you or anyone doesn't want the discount code... I'll take it :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race [tribucket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tribucket wrote:
If you or anyone doesn't want the discount code... I'll take it :)

x2 -- also, can I get a discount from our cancelled swim at Santa Rosa 70.3 last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they would have done that for me when they cancelled a swim I wouldn't be still bad mouthing them 11 years later.
Quote Reply
Re: Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race [drudoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured it was more of a new policy for Ironman but was curious. Did you get $100 off for the 70.3? The emailed told me $50 off for halfs and $100 off the full
Quote Reply
Re: Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha yea I hope to be using it this year for a full but haven't decided which one to go for. $100 off is probably enough for me to take the plunge again this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
I figured it was more of a new policy for Ironman but was curious. Did you get $100 off for the 70.3? The emailed told me $50 off for halfs and $100 off the full

I received $100 off for a 70.3 or $250 off an Ironman. My guess is it's race and situation dependent- most people were on the run when the race was stopped then cancelled. Some one can correct me but I think only about 10% of the field got to finish the race.

My understanding is that Ironman is not obligated to offer anything based on the Terms and Conditions for entry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email? I never recieved any email at all for Eagleman. Apparently if you opt out of any communication with Ironman it actually opts you out if all of it, despite still requesting news about my race and new events (shrug).

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Just received an email from Ironman (Eagleman) about receiving an discount on my next race (in 2019) because of the swim cancellation that happened at Eagleman. Has anyone else received such a discount for other race cancellations? I was one of the unlucky souls that was at IMTahoe when it was completely cancelled and they gave us a discounted registration at certain races and that same year I was at IM Florida when the swim was cancelled but didn't receive any discount for another race.

Really just wondering if this is something from Ironman or something from the eagleman RD.

Sounds like a great marketing scheme to get you to shell out more cash on another one of their races😜
Quote Reply
Re: Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race [drudoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I'm sure each situation is treated differently. Stopping the race and not getting to finish probably disappoints people more than cancelling a swim. $250 off a full or $100 off a half is a pretty steep discount though.
Quote Reply
Re: Cancelled Swim - Discount on next IM Race [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh for sure! I own my own business and losing $100 to bring in $600 is a no-brainer in most situations. Plus a positive from the PR standpoint as well.
Quote Reply