Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canadians - Bike Insurance
Quote | Reply
Any Canadians insuring their bikes outside of home owners insurance? I am looking for a cycling specific policy similar to the US Velosurance.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians - Bike Insurance [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked into it a few years back and the policy was $1600 a year to insure 2 bikes of approximately $14,000 value. Not worth it to me when my home insurance covers up to $5000 for bicycles.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is Aon. Not sure if they are Canada-wide yet, but worth checking out.

http://solutions.aon.ca/...urance/tricover.aspx

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians - Bike Insurance [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most home insurance policies (Canada) won't cover your bike if its in your car or at a race site should it be stolen. So usually you have to get a separate insurance rider to cover these events.

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a home insurance extension with Desjardins which costs me 600$CAD/year for two bikes worth 21000$CAD total. It covers travel/competition/etc. in the USA and Canada, and some things oversea. I find it somewhat expensive but really comprehensive.

Recently, La Capitale, another company in Quebec, told me they'd insure my bikes regardless of value along with my home insurance (it's one of their "perks") but I'm not sure about the exact conditions.

When the year is over I will shop around again.

- The Architect -
"If you don't die executing my training plan this year you'll be much faster" -- My coach
Quote Reply