Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Canadian roll call!!!
Quote | Reply
Since most of our Ameerican brethren are glued to the dinner table or the couch this weekend I thought it would be a cool idea to take this time and rally some support for fellow Canadians. I know of some of you (though we need to work on our flag waving some people)..cerveloguy, Fleck, Dev, gerard and heather (obviously), CIMIT, Speedy, a bunch of trevors from various provinces....come out come out wherever you are. Log in..sign up..and be seen. This is our time people...if you want to post some about yourself (that may or may not already be in your profile) add that in too.
Kent 35 married only have pets
Hamilton, ON
20+yrs in the sport
never done a full IM and have no real desire to..yet
the shorter the distance the better for me
hardly if ever train..weekend warrior my massage therapist calls me
currenlty on a Softride for longer races and a Kestrel 200 for technical and hilly courses..but Blue is in my future I think
drive a Toyota echo purely for fuel saving reasons (need to figure out a way to carry more than one bike in it though)
...there's the ball gang...run with it..we need a thread of out very own
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark - Systems Geek - Waterloo ON, going on my 5th year in the sport. Girlfriend, new home, cats....eh :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All right.

Robert. Optometrist in Salmon Arm, BC.

Couple of halfs, many olys and sprints, and dreams of an IM when my wife gives me the green light (have to be fair with the two young kids around). Tris for 4 yrs although lost this year due to injury (piriformis). Anxious for XC ski season to get under way so I can ignore my trainer for a while.

Member of the ST Element fan club.

Happy thanksgiving to the American ST'ers and good luck to Andypants and the rest of the IMWA crew.

robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kent,

Fleck here. I wont go on and on about myself. What I would like to do is recgonize a number of different areas and people, where Canada has lead the way in the sport:

Athletes: Where do I begin? Simom Whitfield, Peter Reid, Lisa Bentley, Heather Fuhr, Lori Bowden . . . . and how about a ton of age-groupers who are the best in the world for their age - People like Brian Keast, Pierre Lavoie( IMH winners) or Grant Darby World Champion in the Physically Disabled Divison. It seems that we have almost always had an athlete ranked in the top 10 in the world short or long since the very early days.

Sport Admin: ITU President Les MacDonald

Race Managment: Graham Fraser

Race/Event Timing: Marc Roy-Sportstats

Coaching: Lance Watson, Barrie Shepley, Roch Frey

Journalism/Media: Kevin MacKinnon( Ironmanlive.com) and Cam Elford( Triathlete Magazine)

Video & TV Production: Pat Bell and Greg McFadden

Race Announcing: Steve King

Bike Manufacturing: Cervelo( Many IM wins), Guru(Olympic Gold medal)

Apparel: Sugoi and Louis Garneu

Retailing: Endurosports, Frontrunners(best run shop in the world!)

Insane multi-week Racing Streaks: Kent!

Just wanted to add - not bad for a country that is buried in a foot of snow for almost half the year and realy only has a racing season that is 3 - 4 months long at best! Canada a triathlon hotbed! Who knew?

I could go on and on and I am sure that I have missed a few people. My apologies.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Nov 25, 05 9:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Live in gorgeous Victoria, BC where we get to ride all year (even if it gets wet). Don't own any dogs, or a sled and definitely don't know how to build an igloo... can't skate really. Sorry couldn't resist the lame stereotype jokes.

Ride Ti, 'cause it gives the best ride. Everti Eagle. Get to see all the Canadian pros around town which is great and inspiring. One GF, no kids, go to Uni, study poli sci, can't wait for an election, my bikes are worth more than my car (even my winter bike which is really old)

Why don't the yanks like the Tragically Hip?

No body plans to fail...
ostomyathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-O I forgot about Marisol..she's a full blooded Canadian is she not? thanks for waving the flag for us Fleck..we sometimes forget how good we truly are. Humble perhaps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe you left my name out of your list

Mark Hummel

Pickering Ontario

Frequent ST junkie

Sales Guy

1st in age group in Multisport series this year (only because of sheer volume of races participated in)

Hoping to win a spot in Escape from Alcatraz

Hopefully heading to Whistler to ride the mountains in 2006

Hate running in the cold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh my..a can of worms just got opened there...excluding the likes of Celine and Anne Murray...we have Barenaked Ladies, Bryan Adams (for those who like his stuff), Dianna Krall, Shania, Avril..that list could go on for a while..but back to the sport...
Terri Smith-Ross
Joanne Ritchey
Mark Bates
Andrew McMartin
Anrew McNaughton (one of the first to ride aero bars..I got pics)
Paul White
uber duathlete Augy Marmello
Carol Montgomery
Samantha McGlone
....and the list goes on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian here from St. Catharines, ON M25-29

Fitness Centre Manager/Assistant swim coach at Brock University, 6 years in triathlon. I've competed in all distances but IM (until LP 2006). Just got married to a great gal (and athlete) this past August, we have two Weimaraners running around the house (2.5 and 1 year old) Have been racing on a Trek Cyclocross bike but I will be buying a Tri-bike either before or very shortly after x-mas. Likely a P2SL but I'm looking at QR Tequilo, Guru Cron'alu as well.

Race calendar for '06 looks like Around the Bay 30km, Paris-Ancaster, Mooseman 1/2, Muskoka Long course and IMLP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Maine! Do I count :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't leave you out Mark....omitted you so you could out yourself.
Ian..looks like I might be meeting out on the field of honour a few times this coming year..try not to hurt me too bad out there please.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [ostomyathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why don't the yanks like the Tragically Hip?

Baffles me too.

Anyway; we live in London, Ontario. Both my wife and I are 29 and are originally from Kingston, Ontario. I'm an engineer, she's a teacher. No kids, but we do have a 5 year old 90lb Golden Retriever.

<--As you can see I am formerly a competitive rower; I competed for about 15 years for the Kingston Rowing Club, Queen's University, and the Middlesex Western Rowing Club. Just finished my first year racing triathlons. Definitely intend to continue with it. The rowing definitely helped with the bike; I'm almost always near the top on the bike. I ride a Soloist road bike, and just got a P3 for triathlon; my wife also has a Soloist.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brockville, Ontario here. Own a bike shop! Married 4 months, no kids or pets. Never get enough time to go outside and play. Volunteer at almost every race around here.

Close enough to the U.S. to smell the turkey. Pass the stuffing please;)

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Inga Andriessen, married for almost 10 awesome years and have a 6 year old son

I live in Oakville, ON - near Toronto & near "cycling heaven"

2006 will be my 7th season in the sport - so far the longest I've gone is 1/2 IM. The past two seasons I dialed it back to sprints and embraced mountain biking as an additional addiction.

I train 6 days/week - Fridays are off. In addition to s-b-r I like to ski (both kinds) in winter and help out on the ice with my son's Timbit team.

I'm a Trial Lawyer (corp/commercial law) and I truly love what I do ... which is get paid to pick a fight. ;-)

My road bike is a Fuji Roubaix with Profile Carbon Fibre aerobars ... her name is Ruby and she is set up very comfortably for me. My mtn bike is a Fuji Tahoe .... her name is da Ho. Bought hubby his own Tahoe this year - he figures not every wife will get a Ho for her hubby with such enthusiasm ;-)

Not sure what's on the horizon race wise for next year .... for sure a couple mtn bike races and a fall 1/2 marathon ... we'll see, whatever it is will be fun.

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stuart here from Port Credit. 44, married with twin 18 year old boys. Self employed illustrator.
Just finished my second year of tri's.
Some sprints, an Olympic, Parry Sound Half, Tupper Lake Half, IMLP 2005.
Highlights for next year include the Boston marathon (finally got a qualifying time this fall) and IMC. Probably do some half and olympic distances as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Aaross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lot of new faces to the site..welcome to you all..likely seen one or two of you if you've done a race in central Ontario at all in the last three years...just to keep a running tab..here are a few more Canadians so we don't lose track
Bing
cdnbiker
ex-rower
tigerchik (by proxy)
itseazy
Tri-ing in Toronto
Toronto Tri Gal...forgot her first time around too..sorry:-)
ostomyathlete
RAinBC
Markus Mucus
Aaross...come on...there are more of you out there and I know it
out of the closet with you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ken,

And don't forget the founder of the Hottie thread, Khai. Proud Vancouverite I believe. Also Andypants and johnnyo to name just a few.

robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am Canadian!!!! But I married an American so I am a resident of the USA. I celebrate both thanksgivings Oct and Nov, yummy. I was born and raised in Ottawa Ont. (Used to be called Gloucester now greater Ottawa area). Went to Gloucester high school and University of Arkansas (go HOGS!!!) for undergrad. I miss the seasons a little but the weather in Southern Cali is hard to beat. I have been in the tri sport for two years this April. Completed my first ever IM in Hawaii this year and love the sport more then ever!

Cheers,

Tracy

~T-Racer~
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [RAinBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Khai is Canadian? Raises the flag..plays the national anthem..and salutes
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Fleck, I'll have to disagree with the 3-4 month race season.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can add AJK to the list as well. He's also from London, Ontario.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [drtommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drtommy..is that from Winterlude? That is as studly as they come. I need to do that some time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live across the river from Detroit, MI. I love slowtwitch...there I said it. I'm addicted!! My fav Cdn triathletes are: Lori Bowden, Heather Fuhr, Peter Reid, Lisa Bentley, Natasha Filliol, Samantha McGlone, Simon Whitfield. Go Canada!!

my bio is here: http://vnews.ironmanlive.com/...2603/?keywords=mckee

or my blog here: http://www.ironm4n.blogspot.com

-----------------
http://www.konashelley.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's it goin', eh?

Born in T.O., lived in Bermuda most of my life, and recently transplanted back to Canada (Halifax).

Haven't done any serious training in 2 years, but I am planning on getting rid of the 20 lbs that have crept on in the meantime (OK, 30 lbs) and doing some racing next year. Looking at an early 1/2 IM, hopefully I can crack 5 hours (5:08 at Ralphs in '03).

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian roll call!!! [tri_gear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey tri-gear...what's with Tough gun on your bike? I use their stuff on a daily basis..odd to see their name on a bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next