Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canadian Malindi Elmore - Briefly a Successful Triathlete - Runs 2:32 Marathon
Quote | Reply
Canadian Malindi Elmore, ran 2:32 in a Marathon debut performance last weekend at the Houston Marathon.

https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/elmore-and-gollish-run-232-marathon-debuts-at-houston/

Elmore a former top 1500m runner - represented Canada at the 2004 Olympic Games, and won the Bronze Medal at the 2011 PanAm Games (1500m PB - 4:02.6)

Elmore has dabbled in triathlon - the highlight being her 3rd Place Overall in the women's race at the 2016 IM Arizona in 8:57.22 - closing with a 3:00 flat marathon run!

She gave birth just seven months ago, prior to the Houston Marathon to her and her Husband (Graham Hood - Canada's #2 All Time 1500m/Miler and an IRONMAN World Championship Qualifier himself), second child. Their first is now 4 years old!

Elmore has been a great coach and leader for some of Canada's top Junior and Youth level middle distance runners. Several of her athletes have earned Full Scholarships ant U.S. Schools.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Malindi Elmore - Briefly a Successful Triathlete - Runs 2:32 Marathon [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incredible performance, and breastfed after the race to boot!

Great race, Malindi - can't wait to see what's next!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Malindi Elmore - Briefly a Successful Triathlete - Runs 2:32 Marathon [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Graham is one of us here on ST, congratulations buddy. You can be a stay at home dad now, while your wife goes out to run for your money!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So a fair bit faster than Gwen’s PR so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats FN fast. Congrats to Malindi.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Malindi Elmore - Briefly a Successful Triathlete - Runs 2:32 Marathon [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can be a stay at home dad now, while your wife goes out to run for your money!!!

I'd suggest to Graham that he keep his Day-Job! Not sure how much big money will be coming in from the Road Running and Marathon circuit!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Steve - thanks for the shout out. Was really fun having this come together over the last several months. Hoping the next one (yet TBD) goes even better, but enjoying the success and some family time in the meantime. Funny enough, I did ‘quit my day job’, but only temporarily thanks to Canada’s excellent parental leave policies. I’ve been on a lot of dad duty the last couple of months down here in SoCal while Malindi prepped. In April it’s back to Kelowna and back to work!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Malindi Elmore - Briefly a Successful Triathlete - Runs 2:32 Marathon [WaySub4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graham,

Thanks for the update!

I hope Malindi's recovery is going well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run against Graham and Malindi at a few local races and they are both kind, down-to-earth, and stupid fast. Malindi is also coaching some young triathletes and has them progressing very quickly. She knows her craft well, and can walk the walk!
Quote Reply