Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you recommend a helmet with speakers and lights?
Quote | Reply
After 4+ years of fun my Coros SafeSound appears to have died. I'm looking around, and seems like Coros doesn't make these anymore. I see it sold on some random websites but not in my size. What do people use?

I see a LIVALL BH51M, whatever that is. Most of the reviews aren't great...
Quote Reply
Re: Can you recommend a helmet with speakers and lights? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Livall BH62 NEO, and I don’t know what are you looking for, but it works great for me.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Last edited by: Dr. Triax: Jan 29, 23 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: Can you recommend a helmet with speakers and lights? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to have a coros helmet w built in lights / speakers.

Over time, the battery started to fade and I was left w an oversized and heavy helmet, with a pretty useless light and mediocre sound

I know it’s not what you asked, but I currently strap on a light to the back of my “normal” helmet and use aftershox headphones. Feel like this is much superior than the “all in one” helmet that I started out with.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you recommend a helmet with speakers and lights? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Yes, I've been using aftershox with other helmets for now. Does tend to feel a bit awkward wearing those with the helmet straps though. I also don't own any non-aero helmet - used my SafeSound for all non-tt bike riding/racing:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never tried any of these smart helmets for cycling, but I've seen a few folks recommend the Sena helmets https://www.sena.com/...cycling/smart-helmet that also make them for motorcycles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can understand integrated lighting for safety/visibility, but why would you want speakers?

Just curious

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Can you recommend a helmet with speakers and lights? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To listen to music/podcasts without having to wear headphones and worrying about charging/finding two things instead of just one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured something like that

Lights = one charger
Headphones/earbuds/airpods = another charger
Phone = yet another charger

They DO add up, and you'd almost need to load up a whole power strip before you can go out for your ride

Personally, I'd skip the headphones, as I like to hear the car/truck who's coming up behind me and planning to run me over, but that's just my personal preference

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Can you recommend a helmet with speakers and lights? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For sure re: hearing the surroundings! I found that SafeSound speakers were far enough from the ears to hear what I needed to hear. Sound quality and volume were way worse compared to other "jawbone"/not-in-the-ear headphones, but I was fine with it. In fact the last few days as I was riding with Aftershox I felt like that was too close to the ear to be able to hear the traffic.

Anyway, thanks for suggestions, everyone, might give these a go. I'm surprised there's not at least one high quality well known product that does these things out there, but then again what do I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using aftershocks for nearly two years and they are the best solution for me so far. I just found out that they make a Mini--supposedly for smaller heads, but it gets rid of the extra wire length behind your head and when I tried one I loved it. I can't justify buying a new one until the old ones die, but I will definitely do it then. To me, the Mini is the perfect solution.
Quote Reply