Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can a Bike Box Alan fit into a Toyota Rav4?
Quote | Reply
I never owned or driven a Rav4 so any insights from owners or people who are familiar with that car would be appreciated. I am deciding what car to rent for a race, just wondering if the Rav4 is big enough for the Bike Box Alan to carry from airport to the hotel, and then carrying a 51cm road bike into the back once it's unpacked/assembled? Can the back row seats be folded down to have a flat surface for cargo?
Quote Reply
Re: Can a Bike Box Alan fit into a Toyota Rav4? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess that it would easily fit as long as your rear seats are folded down. I have a bike box Alan and a Hyundai Veloster and it fits in my little car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one as a rental car and had no issues folding down the seats and getting my bike box in, and then getting my bike in (52cm tt bike)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’ve never driven a RAV4 because you have taste. Don’t ruin that now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy. I can fit two people and two bike boxes into my rav4. Can fit three people and three assembled bikes. Yes, you can fold the back seats down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we rented a Jeep Cherokee in Texas for my Bike Box Allen and it fit fine with two large pieces of luggage. I don't own a Rav4 but every other Vermonter does drive one (or a Subaru) and I know the vehicle. It will definitely fit. The jeep we rented was the same size or close. We have a VW Alltrack wagon and we fit successfully two Bike Box Allens into our car with all our luggage on our drive to the airport this past summer.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: 70Trigirl: Apr 14, 19 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: Can a Bike Box Alan fit into a Toyota Rav4? [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS the seats go down in all vehicles I mentioned above

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always travel with two bikes in BikeboxAlan cases, never had a problem fitting them both into any small hatchback - Toyota Starlet / VW Polo / Fiat 500X / VW Golf etc.......
Quote Reply
Re: Can a Bike Box Alan fit into a Toyota Rav4? [CG99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many linear inches (or cm) is an Alan box? We're going to be traveling with two Scicon Triathlon bike bags and I'm trying to figure out if we really need a mini-van or if I can rent something else (like a Rav 4).
Quote Reply
Re: Can a Bike Box Alan fit into a Toyota Rav4? [peacedout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure, but if you go to the bikeboxalan website I assume there will be some dimensions there.
Quote Reply