Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can I use a carbon rail saddle on a Cervelo p5?
Quote | Reply
I would like to install the S-Works Power saddle on a Cervelo P5-Six

From the Specialized web site
  • Ultra-light and strong, oversized FACT™ carbon rails.
  • NOTE: Oversized 7x9mm carbon rails are not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails.

My understanding of the clamp mechanism on the P5 is that it is considered top-down (even though it wraps around the side). Will this work ok ?

thx for any help!
Quote Reply
Re: Can I use a carbon rail saddle on a Cervelo p5? [burner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"yes" to answer your actual question (you can use a carbon rail saddle on a p5).

"no" to the saddle you linked. you'll need an adapter clamp (ritchey makes the saddle clamp assembly and your Cervelo LBS can likely order you one of you may be able to get the "square" rail adapter yourself elsewhere).
Quote Reply
Re: Can I use a carbon rail saddle on a Cervelo p5? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks James - appreciate the response. Will likely go with the TI model instead of carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I use a carbon rail saddle on a Cervelo p5? [burner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bringing an old thread alive. Would this be compatible with a Cervelo P5 Six if I want to use an oversized carbon railed saddle? www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/ritchey-wcs-carbon-single-bolt-clamp-kit-7-x-9%2C6mm-37191

If this is not applicable, would really appreciate a link to a EU store with the correct product.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I use a carbon rail saddle on a Cervelo p5? [PhatMilton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhatMilton wrote:
Bringing an old thread alive. Would this be compatible with a Cervelo P5 Six if I want to use an oversized carbon railed saddle? www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/ritchey-wcs-carbon-single-bolt-clamp-kit-7-x-9%2C6mm-37191

If this is not applicable, would really appreciate a link to a EU store with the correct product.

Yes, that’s what I used on mine.

Re: Can I use a carbon rail saddle on a Cervelo p5? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks for the verification!
Quote Reply