Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cam Wurf the runner
Quote | Reply
Back in the spring, when Cam did Cannes, we talked about his run split being one of the better ones there. The general response was aside from Tim Don, there were no good runners in the field. At Cannes, Cam's bike was not really that fast. If I recall correctly he got outbiked by Don.

Fast forward 6 months to Kona 3 weeks after running a 2:46 in Italy, Cam holds steady on the bike with not even the fastest bike split, and then launches a steady 2:55 run. He looked like a real runner on the QueenK and coming up to Palani. His form was solid.

Legend has it that his coach was giving him and Kipchoge some of the same key workouts, just at a slower pace!!!

It was a great race by Wurf. Super patient on the bike not feeling (or maybe not having the legs after an IM 3 weeks ago) to blow the doors off, and a Stadler like 2:55 run. He beat a lot of guys who are much better runners at shorter distances.

I'd love to hear how much he held off on the bike (or not) to get that run nailed.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf the runner [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right, I agree too! Great race and definite signs that he is learning fast! From the top 10 guys on the bike leg who had good runs, only Currie seemed to be off from the 4:14-4:16 range that the rest hovered around...( Bart did a 4:19 but still not that far of...)
That is to say that I don't think he was holding back on the bike or that he has been training on the bike to destroy the competition but rather working hard on the bike/run for a smooth/steady performance...
There is definitely more from him to see!

"Discipline is the highest of all virtues. Only so may strength and desire be counterbalanced and the endeavors of man bear fruit."
Nikos Kazantzakis, The Rock Garden
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf the runner [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Back in the spring, when Cam did Cannes, we talked about his run split being one of the better ones there. The general response was aside from Tim Don, there were no good runners in the field. At Cannes, Cam's bike was not really that fast. If I recall correctly he got outbiked by Don.

Fast forward 6 months to Kona 3 weeks after running a 2:46 in Italy, Cam holds steady on the bike with not even the fastest bike split, and then launches a steady 2:55 run. He looked like a real runner on the QueenK and coming up to Palani. His form was solid.

Legend has it that his coach was giving him and Kipchoge some of the same key workouts, just at a slower pace!!!

It was a great race by Wurf. Super patient on the bike not feeling (or maybe not having the legs after an IM 3 weeks ago) to blow the doors off, and a Stadler like 2:55 run. He beat a lot of guys who are much better runners at shorter distances.

I'd love to hear how much he held off on the bike (or not) to get that run nailed.

His power output was exactly the same as last year, 296W, ~301 np.
He's just a better runner now & I can envisage sub 2.50 Kona next year with another year of solid running behind him.
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Wurf the runner [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

His power output was exactly the same as last year, 296W, ~301 np.
He's just a better runner now & I can envisage sub 2.50 Kona next year with another year of solid running behind him.

Thanks for sharing that his NP was the same as last year.
Quote Reply